Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Suns out, buns out!

User Info Menu

Suns out, buns out!

Mrs Gong and I are headed back again in 2024. We are cliff dwellers but are trying to spend more time on the beach. This last trip we spent the day at Woodstock and had a great time.

Question is where best to spend time on the beach next year? My wife always wears a g-string (think anal floss) and also goes topless. Fortunately on all of our trips people have been respectful…one local told my wife that he “likes her style”. That made me chuckle!

I just never want her body to offend anyone. I realize JA is not the south of France or South Beach in Miami, but Negril does seem to have a relaxed vibe that goes well with my wife’s bikinis…or the lack of a top!
    Last edited by TuffGong; 12-28-2023 at 11:24 PM.
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

Re: Suns out, buns out!

I can’t speak about anyone’s policies but I can say it is rare to see women top less on 7 mile these days. Even 20 years ago you saw it everywhere. G-strings are everywhere. My guess would be places like Bourbon beach or Bunny beach would be most accepting. I’m sure someone with actual experience will have advice.FYI, I’m all for it and miss the old feel of the beach.

User Info Menu

Remember when Firefly was accepting?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollfarmer View Post
    Remember when Firefly was accepting?
    Yes I do, we were there!

User Info Menu

Firefly was an au naturale resort many years ago...new owners changed that status.
    Topless isn't generally an issue overall..."read the room"...you'll be fine.

User Info Menu

We were at White Sands a couple of years ago and a woman got topless. Vincent the security guard became irate and yelled at her telling her she couldn't be topless. It was quite a scene. I couldn't help but think how much Negril has changed over the years.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

i can't even wear a speedo anymore without getting a bunch of flak . (especially from my wife )

User Info Menu

Next year think about getting a suite at The Point Village. This is a very nice property, secure, and has a clothing optional beach.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    We were at White Sands a couple of years ago and a woman got topless. Vincent the security guard became irate and yelled at her telling her she couldn't be topless. It was quite a scene. I couldn't help but think how much Negril has changed over the years.
    This is definitely a scenario we hope to avoid, and so sad. I am always incredibly proud of my wife, as it takes guts to walk around with nothing but string covering her rear, and then to go topless—for someone to make a scene would be terribly disappointing and uncomfortable.

The good thing is we did not encounter that, so hopefully it will be the same in November.
    Free Vybz Kartel