Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Where to stop on the way to resort?

User Info Menu

Where to stop on the way to resort?

Hello!

My mom and I are going to Negril for our first mother/daughter trip! We are staying in a resort, but plan on seeing much of the island (and hiring a driver). I’m wondering where are the best places to stop on our way to our resort from MBJ to get the most out of our ~2 hour drive.

User Info Menu

Re: Where to stop on the way to resort?

smallpotatoes,
    Bigga's Jerk in Green Island is a very popular stop for both tourists and locals alike. Another one that I like is Pamela's Bar and Restaurant in Orange Bay. Both of these stops are a ways from the airport on the way to Negril so if you're looking to stop somewhere immediately then I recommend Pier1 in Mo Bay.

User Info Menu

small potatoes,

My first stop is usually Valerie's Restaurant in Sandy Bay right on A1 across from the sea. Outdoor seating with great views of the water.
    Her place is about 1 1/2 miles south of Tryall Golf Resort and just before Chukka Entertainment.

Cold beer, restrooms and food after noonish.

Valerie is a wonderful woman and you will enjoy your time at her establishment.

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

When we get off the plane hungry, we usually hit the Pork Pit in Mobay.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    When we get off the plane hungry, we usually hit the Pork Pit in Mobay.
    Second this!
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

I second the Valerie's stop in Sandy Bay. Just a super nice lady to talk to. Beers are cold and the washrooms are OK. The last time we were there, Valerie was complaining about the coaster buses stopping, using her washroom and then leaving without even making a single purchase. Sure enough about 10 minutes later a bus stops and let people out that head straight to the washroom. My friend and I go out and starting telling people that are getting off, "beers are icy cold over here". About 10 people wonder in and buy some beers. we chat them up as they are waiting in line, they pour back on the bus and leave. We then ask Valerie for one last one before we hit the road, no more cold Red Stripe, the people on the bus got the last ones.

Another nice place, but they just got too expensive for us, is Peppe Monte just passed Lucea (on the Negril side of Lucea). Nice place, top notch washrooms but $700 for a Red Stripe and $2600 for a Q is just too much.

User Info Menu

Cousins Cove Bar. Right on the road. Restrooms, food, snacks and drinks.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

browns54,
    True dat!! Can't believe the audacity of the Charter Bus drivers to utilize the convenience of Valerie's bathroom facilities and not encourage their passengers to at least buy a cold beer!!!
    Seen this happen several times when enjoying the chill vibe and cold beer at Valerie's!!

User Info Menu

I think we are set to land around 9am, so not sure either of us would be up for jerk chicken and drinks that early haha. I will add them to our list to visit, though!