Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staying at Rondel - where to eat?

User Info Menu

Staying at Rondel - where to eat?

My husband and I are coming to Negril for our 3rd time and want to be sure we hit the best places to eat while there. In the past, we'd just wander around and stop to eat wherever was nearby when we were hungry. We have not had a bad meal, but want to know where are the top rated, must try places? I'm interested in breakfast, lunch and dinner. Thanks for the input!

User Info Menu

Re: Staying at Rondel - where to eat?

Quote Originally Posted by purplelvr View Post
    My husband and I are coming to Negril for our 3rd time and want to be sure we hit the best places to eat while there. In the past, we'd just wander around and stop to eat wherever was nearby when we were hungry. We have not had a bad meal, but want to know where are the top rated, must try places? I'm interested in breakfast, lunch and dinner. Thanks for the input!
    Nearby spots: Alfreds is decent for lunch. Known for their fish and chips. Sweet Spot is a good cheap spot nearby also. It's a cook shop style place with standard Jamaican fare such as curried chicken, brown stewed chicken, oxtail, curry goat, etc.... A little more upscale and still in walking distance is the Italian Cafe. Kuyaba is beachside and nice spot for upscale dinner. It's about 1/3 mile from Rondel.

If you're willing to take a cab to the west end I consider Ivan's at Catcha Falling Star to be one of the best ocean view restaurants in Negril. It's a good place to go for a sunset and upscale dinner. More modest with an ocean view is Swordfish. Tensing Pen and Rockhouse are both upscale and on the same level as Ivan's. Downtown Sweet Spice is a good spot for a sit down casual dinner.

User Info Menu

Breakfast - Charela Inn great food! Wed Fri Sun fresh baked croissants. We ate breakfast here everyday during our 15 day stay. Great breakfast & very reasonable prices.
    Lunch - Flag City turn left on the beach outside Rondel’s gate - just a few steps away! Fresh grilled lobster, fish, & jerk chicken
    Dinner - Blue Skies next to Boat Bar yummy pan fried snapper! We ate here 3 times during our trip. Ask for Dex. Great service. Check out the nights they have live music. Great house band.

Cliffs - Kool Vybz best jerk chicken, Murphy’s for seafood, & Vinnie’s for fried chicken, fish, or JA favorites.
    Rondel’s bar “Jaybird’s” - see Delroy one of the best bartenders on the beach! 2 for 1 Happy Hour 5pm - 6 pm Wed Fri Sun

User Info Menu

Also on the cliffs don't forget 3 Dives for grilled lobster and LTU for hunter schnitzel or chicken Lola

User Info Menu

Thanks for the ideas!! We are also staying the first 3 nights at Tensing Pen and hope to check out their restaurant, along with Catcha and possibly Rockhouse while we are on the cliff side. We have never visited the cliffs before and are way excited for this new experience.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corey K View Post
    Sweet Spot is a good cheap spot nearby also. It's a cook shop style place with standard Jamaican fare such as curried chicken, brown stewed chicken, oxtail, curry goat, etc....
    Is sweet spot across the street or on the beach itself? I see it also has a mini mart, which could be helpful to have nearby.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by purplelvr View Post
    Is sweet spot across the street or on the beach itself? I see it also has a mini mart, which could be helpful to have nearby.
    Yes it is across the street from the beach. Almost directly across from Alfreds. Very close to the Shamrock Grocery Store which a lot of people love buying their fresh made orange juice from.

User Info Menu

We stay at Rondel every trip, with a few exceptions of splitting the trip with Catcha a couple nights. We eat breakfast at Rondel every morning. You might want to check with them. They have a plan that includes just breakfast. It might be worth it for you.

For lunch, we tend to have beach gravity, so we usually just get patties from Norm on the beach. I have heard great things about Flag City but we haven't tried it. Also, Firefly has a great happy hour which includes deals of food. The quesadilla and fritters are wonderful. I think it's 12 - 2. Someone may need to correct me on that. As for Rondel, my son and daughter-in-law loved the jerk chicken sandwich and quesadillas.

Dinner is usually spent cliffside...Vinnies, Chicken Lavish, Ivans, Tensing, LTU and Kool Vybz. Sweet Spice is great. We do enjoy Italian Cafe and plan to visit Sky Garden on our next trip. We went there before the fire, back when it was called Kenny's Chinese. They don't serve alcohol but you can bring your own. On happy hour nights at Rondel, we usually stay there. We like having NSDs...No Shoe Days. Their dinner is wonderful too.

Cheers!

User Info Menu

I forgot to ask...when will you be there? We have a trip coming up this month and one in February. Maybe we will run into you!

User Info Menu

Going to Rondel in July. Haven’t been there in like 11 years. Seems like a lot has changed! I love the private hot tubs in the villas and personal chef. The beach area was small if I remember correctly. It’s clean and comfortable but no frills. I think we got half board this time.