Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Stay in Montego Bay for a night or two?

User Info Menu

Stay in Montego Bay for a night or two?

Looking at booking our first trip back in a few years. The cheapest flight we can get lands at 7.22 PM on a Friday. Should we just carry on to our hotel in Negril or is it worthwhile to spend a day or two in Montego Bay? My wife is a little leary of the ride during the night.

If anyone has recommendations for a clean safe place in MoBay please let me know.

User Info Menu

Re: Stay in Montego Bay for a night or two?

Quote Originally Posted by OUV11112 View Post
    Looking at booking our first trip back in a few years. The cheapest flight we can get lands at 7.22 PM on a Friday. Should we just carry on to our hotel in Negril or is it worthwhile to spend a day or two in Montego Bay? My wife is a little leary of the ride during the night.

If anyone has recommendations for a clean safe place in MoBay please let me know.
    We have stay at Grand A View only 1 mile from the airport nice with decent restaurant and pool the best part is you will be in Negril early

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OUV11112 View Post

When I arrive late I usually stay in Mo Bay. Not sure how nice of accommodations you require. For basic with pool and decent restaurant right by the airport Tobys will do for a night. So will Grandiosa Hotel on the top road. If you're looking for something a little more upscale but not too much go with Deja on the hip strip. If you want top of the line then go with the S Hotel. All that I mentioned are 5 minutes or less from the airport.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the recommendations.

User Info Menu

montegobayinn.com
    polkeriss.com
    pricey, Yes
    Location 5 minutes from MBJ
    Bfast phenominal
    spend the $$$
    Distinguished and deserving
    My check in and check out

User Info Menu

We have arrived late a few times over the years, getting to Negril around 11pm. IMHO I would much rather arrive late and wake up in Negril than check into a hotel for one night and have to make the drive the next day. Let’s face it by the time you get to a hotel check in, get to your room and head out to dinner you could be half way to Negril. We do have a great driver that we trust to get us there safely even at night. Whatever you decide I’m sure it will be a wonderful vacation!

User Info Menu

I agree with Rumlover. Arrive late, but get up in Negril.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies. I was able to get a flight that arrives in the early afternoon so we will go straight through.

Staying on the cliffs for the first two nights at Samsara and then eight days at Country Country.

This will be our first venture onto the cliffs so we wanted something facing the ocean that would not break the bank.

We got what I believe is a good deal for Country Country for $221.00 CDN per night taxes in.