Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New E-Gates at Sangster Airport in MoBay

Administrator

User Info Menu

New E-Gates at Sangster Airport in MoBay

Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: New E-Gates at Sangster Airport in MoBay

Will be there Tuesday, hoping for shorter wait times.
    Last month it took us about 2.5 hours to get through the airport! Another reason to pay the taxi well.
    It was also the first time in 17 trips that we got to experience rush hour and road to Negril in the dark.
    The adventure reminded me of the “old” road to Negril!

User Info Menu

Hyah....So, what does e-gates mean exactly? Is that where you're supposed to show your passport? Curious.

User Info Menu

From what I can see, it looks like facial recognition. I didn’t notice anyone swiping their passport. Rob, correct me if I’m wrong.

User Info Menu

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Negril96 View Post
    From what I can see, it looks like facial recognition. I didn’t notice anyone swiping their passport. Rob, correct me if I’m wrong.
    Facial recognition, your passport info is shared from your departing country.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollfarmer View Post
    Hyah....So, what does e-gates mean exactly? Is that where you're supposed to show your passport? Curious.
    It looks like you still use the Kiosk to show your passport. In the back ground you can see people still using them and everyone pass through the gates have that receipt from the kiosk.

User Info Menu

It’s working great. Arrived Saturday at 2:30. Tried to book club Mobay 2 months ago but they were booked so I was expecting a long wait. Not so. No more than 10 minutes in line to get to kiosk. From there a direct walk through facial recognition. Lots of people arriving when we did. The walk to immigration was packed but with lots of kiosks open the line went fast. Waited longer to get through customs. Maybe 15 minutes

Administrator

User Info Menu

This IS a game changer!

User Info Menu

I just did it and agree much faster than the last 2 years even with club Mobay!