Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Negril Hills Golf Course

User Info Menu

Negril Hills Golf Course

Coming down in a couple of weeks and I always played there.....But, last couple of times it was really in bad shape.........Looking at it on Google Earth now the greens look like they are half dirt and the picture was from September.......Anyone play there lately.....Since Mr. Sinclair passed away it seems to be on a staedy decline.....Thanks for any input

Ken

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Hills Golf Course

Anyone ????????

User Info Menu

It could be because of the drought. BTW...any update on the replacement pipes laying on the bridge for weeks while the existing pipe hanging under the bridge is gushing drinking water into the river?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ol'yardie View Post
    It could be because of the drought. BTW...any update on the replacement pipes laying on the bridge for weeks while the existing pipe hanging under the bridge is gushing drinking water into the river?
    New pipe was in stalled and is up and water flowing. I think they did it "in a matter of two weeks" LOL (That's what the Minister that over see's NWC said about 6 weeks ago. The new pipe came online about a week ago. They over pressured it, I guess to test the integrity of the welds and a bunch of houses in Little Bay Country Club had busted water pipes. Aw Jamaica! Anybody remember the movie Blood Diamond staring Leonardo DiCaprio. Whenever anything went wrong he would always say TIA, meaning "This is Africa". Well my favourite saying here in Jamaica is now TIJ.

User Info Menu

So does this mean water to the West End is restored?

User Info Menu

No idea about Westend as we are at Little Bay Country Club. We are in fact about 200m from where the repair was made so ergo the first to receive water. It has still gone down a couple of times but with all the rain in the last few weeks, NWC is running out of excuses.