Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Scotchies Coming to Negril?

User Info Menu

Scotchies Coming to Negril?

I'm hearing water cooler scuttlebutt that Scotchies is coming to Negril. One of the best places for jerk chicken and was once worth the drive to Ironshore on the other side of MoBay just for that. That particular Scotchies has gone downhill big time and I wouldn't waste the gas now, but I hear the old Jerky's (beside the Texaco on the way out of MoBay) is a Scothies now and good stop. Scotchies and Chesters Chicken all in on, you can't beat that stop on the way out of MoBay.

Scotchies in Negril will be a welcome opportunity and I can't wait to see it.

User Info Menu

Re: Scotchies Coming to Negril?

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    I'm hearing water cooler scuttlebutt that Scotchies is coming to Negril. One of the best places for jerk chicken and was once worth the drive to Ironshore on the other side of MoBay just for that. That particular Scotchies has gone downhill big time and I wouldn't waste the gas now, but I hear the old Jerky's (beside the Texaco on the way out of MoBay) is a Scothies now and good stop. Scotchies and Chesters Chicken all in on, you can't beat that stop on the way out of MoBay.

Scotchies in Negril will be a welcome opportunity and I can't wait to see it.
    In the early 2000's I was a regular at the one just outside of Mo Bay. Actually had my wedding rehearsal dinner there in 2004. They had great food and there was always some characters hanging out there. I've heard it's gone down hill but I'll definitely be checking out the one in Negril.

User Info Menu

Location?? I'm hearing the "old" Hi-Lo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NegrilorBust View Post
    Location?? I'm hearing the "old" Hi-Lo
    It is my understanding that Lee Issa is starting the new Scotchies, and he owns Sunshine Plaza, so that would be a good guess. Sunshine Plaza has been re-born, wow!!! Big up to Mr. Issa.

Administrator

User Info Menu

It is real !!!!

Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

We stopped at The Pork Pit every trip but this last time our driver suggested Scotchies next to the Texaco on the way out of town. We did not like it and will be stopping for food in Green Island this year.
    Free Vybz Kartel