Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Treehouse / Presley

User Info Menu

Re: Treehouse / Presley

Prices are up everywhere but $7.50 for a standard domestic beer is gouging in my opinion. It didn't seem that bad this summer though I certainly noticed the 1 gulp cocktails at $1200 JMD that C.I.A. mentioned being a trend at most beach bars. If they're going to charge that price then at least give me a decent sized glass with a long pour. The nice part about NBCC is that they have no problem with me bringing a cooler down to the beach or pool. Looks like I'll be doing more of that. I like to support the bar but not at those prices. After all Negril isn't South Beach Miami.

User Info Menu

Beers at Sun Beach are $400J

User Info Menu

Looks like the spot to be! We'll probably have a few there 3rd week of March! Soon come

User Info Menu

Agreed Corey K...I had a beer at the Treehouse as well last week and was totally shocked. Not uncommon now to see mixed drinks 10$ give or take. I mostly mix my own and buy beers and put in my cooler. And as we are on that subject, I can't believe the portions and food pricing at some places. Other places still have been trying to be reasonable. The wonderful world of inflation I guess...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    Agreed Corey K...I had a beer at the Treehouse as well last week and was totally shocked. Not uncommon now to see mixed drinks 10$ give or take. I mostly mix my own and buy beers and put in my cooler. And as we are on that subject, I can't believe the portions and food pricing at some places. Other places still have been trying to be reasonable. The wonderful world of inflation I guess...
    Yeah, I hear ya. I expect it at places like Rick's or Margarittaville and frankly there you are paying for the amenities so you should expect to pay more. To some extent Treehouse has some amenities too but some places charging this aren't much more than a shack and a bar stool. Then again turn around and there's that million dollar view we all come down for so I guess it could be worse lol. I love Negril but the budget days are pretty much gone on the beach and the more places do that the more people they'll drive behind the walls to the all inclusives. It's no big deal for me because I like going to places like 87 Apples Lounge, Shellys Bar, Red Dragon, Colletes, Winners Plaza, Corner Bar, and thanks to Rob Rocky's, etc...where the prices are cheap but you aren't getting that view. For me the people have always been as important to my trips as the beach and I like socializing with locals away from the main tourist areas and really sometimes Negril altogether. Cheers, I'm Negril bound in four days.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    Many places, especially hotels, their bills kept coming during Covid but zero income. Not making excuses, we all faced the same crap.

Thanks to you all we were able to help over a dozen small Negril businesses survive, but many more are facing closure due to overdue bills. Lisa and I were talking today about all the "successful" businesses being sold or up for sale. Covid was a killer in many ways.

Inflation has not helped but everyone is still trying to give you the best vacation experience possible.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I'm trying to do my part to keep some of these businesses open by being there, drinking their hops, barley and water product. In fact, I have been informed that the Red Stripe shortage of a couple of years ago occurred just shortly after I landed on the island. I have given notice to D&G over the last two years and have been assured that production will go 24-7 while I'm here.

Just a quick observation though. Pay attention to the best way to pay at some spots. Example, Rick's charges $5 USD for a Red Stripe or $900J when It should be around the $700-$750J mark, but they want that USD. Office of Nature in Bloody Bay charges $5 USD or $500J, now that I like. I'm not an American and I'm in Jamaica why pay in USD and give a break to those using local currency.

User Info Menu

The price changes seem like they just happened (unless it just looks worse in print) we were in Negril last April and prices didn’t feel inflated. However we don’t spend a lot of time drinking on the beach either.

We mostly hang out in places from the Corner Bar going west. So that’s the good news.

Maybe prices were jacked last year and we didn’t spend enough time on the beach to realize it.

Sad to think Covid killed successful local businesses, you can hope locals can fill those niches.
    That rug really tied the room together.

User Info Menu

I have no problem filling my belly full of beer at Red Dragon, Drifters, Collet's, and walking a few minutes to see that million dollar view, in double.

User Info Menu

Eddie's Tigress II Poolside Bar that's down Tigress Lane in the West End near Mi Yard has been running some pretty good daily specials and you can cool off in their pool. Yesterday they had two rum punch drinks for $600 JMD. Wednesday they had Dragon Stout for $400 JMD. I think today they have rum punch for $400 JMD, Redstripe for $300 JMD, and Dragon Stout for $400 JMD. That's about as cheap as I've seen it anywhere in Negril including Red Dragon.