Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Treehouse / Presley

User Info Menu

Treehouse / Presley

Is Treehouse credit card only or have they given that up? Is Presley still cooking at his restaurant on the west end?

User Info Menu

Re: Treehouse / Presley

Presley is still at his restaurant - we ate there last week. As for the Tree House idk
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

I was at Treehouse and had a beer couple days ago. They did take my $7.50 cash for my redstripe....but that included taxes..lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    I was at Treehouse and had a beer couple days ago. They did take my $7.50 cash for my redstripe....but that included taxes..lol
    $7.50 for 1 beer??!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark & Deana View Post
    $7.50 for 1 beer??!
    Yes, prices on the beach are higher than pretty much everywhere else in Negril. The cliffs are between j$400 and us$5. The local town bars are j$300 to $350.

That $7.50 beer would be j$1100...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Wow! Things definitely have changed since 2017! So is there a thread with 2024 beach beer prices along the beach? What are the Firefly happy hour prices now? Looks like I may have to go with buying Q's and setups this whole reach lol, btw...how much is a Q and a setup these days?? I'm almost afraid to ask!

User Info Menu

Math is not my jam, but if I am working the calculator correctly $100USD buys 12-13 Red Stripe beers at Negril Treehouse if factoring tax and tip might be even fewer brews? Is it not produced in Spanish Town? How much diesel to truck it 220 kilometers? Seems kind of whack.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Firefly still has their 12 to 2 happy hour, but Firefly has been sold and will close officially March 16th, but I am sure it will wind down by about the 12th.

There are still a few places on the beach that you can find us$5 and j$500 beers or slightly less but they are few and far between. I have been pleasantly surprised at 1 Fusion Negril Bar located directly between Negril Beach Club and Travellers Beach Resort.

Mom's Place has a great deal if you want to possibly hang out with locals, the best exchange rate for locals. Sunnyside is always trying to keep their prices as low as possible.

Drifters also offers the Red Stripe tall bottle (but way less beer) at a great price including buckets.

As a rule on the beach, if the business caters to the locals, the better the price.

If you want rum, Q's are definitely the way to go! Not sure of the price, not a real rum drinker.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by C.I.A. View Post
    Math is not my jam, but if I am working the calculator correctly $100USD buys 12-13 Red Stripe beers at Negril Treehouse if factoring tax and tip might be even fewer brews? Is it not produced in Spanish Town? How much diesel to truck it 220 kilometers? Seems kind of whack.
    After Covid, I was surprised the price of beers on the beach. Red Dragon, Rockies, Spotlight and Corner Bar are my go to places.

At Tony's Hut my US $5 beer was j$750. No thanks.

User Info Menu

Thank you for great info Rob. I was concerned that my math might stir the pot of discontent. I love to spend money at Jamaican establishments and with Jamaicans working hard. I do not have a pocket full of Euros and do not consider a $10 gulp cocktail or an $7.50 dollar beer inconsequential. Hopefully there will be a market correction at some point or not? In the meantime I will spend money like dirt at Red Dragon, Collette's, Corner Bar, Mi Yard etc.