Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: 3Dives

User Info Menu

3Dives

Is it just me or has 3 Dives gotten too big and are not interested in walk in customers? Just returned from my January week in Negril can't wait for the June trip, one of our go to places was 3Dives Not anymore. Drove by on Sunday was told closed, drove in on Monday and was asked to leave with no service because they had a party of 50 coming. Oh well they will never get that chance again because I have removed them from my list of places to go.

User Info Menu

Re: 3Dives

Why?? Maybe they are closed on Sunday (as a lot of places are) and maybe they had a large reservation of 50+ coming in. That doesn't mean the food isn't good or that they have gone downhill. I think it's still one of the best restaurants in Negril.

User Info Menu

Three Dives is the most overrated restaurant in Negril! The wait for food is terrible even by “soon come” standards. And every time I went there I felt like I was inconveniencing them. Never again.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ras Walleye View Post
    Three Dives is the most overrated restaurant in Negril! The wait for food is terrible even by “soon come” standards. And every time I went there I felt like I was inconveniencing them. Never again.
    Agreed, I get that vibe there sometimes, but the food is too good to avoid.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    Agreed, I get that vibe there sometimes, but the food is too good to avoid.
    We ate there twice on our January trip , it was awesome as always, 10/10 would recomend

User Info Menu

We visited twice in August, in our opinion its the best place in Negril...yes, the wait is on the longer side but we have a drink or two while we wait and you cannot beat the sunset while smelling the grill.

User Info Menu

We were so looking forward to a great feast at 3 Dives. We raved about it to our friends. The night we planned to visit was a Sunday and it was closed. Even our driver couldn't believe it. We then headed back towards the beach and decided to stop for our meal at Xtabi. Xtabi was a great stop. We loved our meal, the sunset and the entire ambiance. Still craving 3 Dives though.

User Info Menu

I moved on to Kool Vybz a long time ago. Food comes out faster and I think better. I believe they're related. 3 Dives has the view but customer service hasn't been the #1 priority there for some time. They've built their image up and the place is as much about the hanging out vibes as it is the food itself. That being said the place will always be legendary and I have a lot of good memories there.