Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canned Beer

User Info Menu

Canned Beer

Hello all

I am new here and will be heading to Negril on Saturday, apologies if this has been mentioned already
    Are there cans of beer or only bottles, what brands aside from Red Stripe are available
    We are looking at grabbing a case for our room when we arrive - note we are staying at Samsara Cliffs, assuming there are stores close by with beer

Thanks

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Canned Beer

Quote Originally Posted by ErinD View Post
    Hello all

I am new here and will be heading to Negril on Saturday, apologies if this has been mentioned already
    Are there cans of beer or only bottles, what brands aside from Red Stripe are available
    We are looking at grabbing a case for our room when we arrive - note we are staying at Samsara Cliffs, assuming there are stores close by with beer

Thanks
    Red Stripe comes in 330ml cans, bottles are 341ml. Heineken comes in the tall skinny Red Bull type cans.

At the Green Store, you can get Presidente in cans as well as a couple American brands.

The store closest to Samsara might have cans, I am not sure.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ErinD View Post
    Hello all

Thanks
    There are cans. I actually usually buy Red Stripe cans. You can find Miller Lite, Bud Light, and Coors Light cans usually too. They will cost more than the Redstripe and Heineken that are brewed in Jamaica and are available in cans. I don't remember seeing Guinness in a can there but it's also made in Jamaica. Quality Traders (Green Store) just past downtown in the beginning of the west end has a good selection. There is also the new Country Store Supermarket that just opened in the old Hi Lo location that is in the first part of the west end as well in Sunshine Plaza. Generally if you're looking to buy it by the case you have to ask one of the employees to get you one from the back as they are often not stocked out on the sales floor in cases but rather in individual bottles and cans. For the best case price the Chinese Supermarkets downtown will be the cheapest but they don't always have cans and it can be more challenging to find what what you want and to get help in there sometimes. There are two of those stores.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies.
    In preparation for our trip, we picked up a few Red Stripes from the LCBO to try, it was a pretty light beer, it would be good for the hot days, I think there are some local darker beers brewed there as well. We can mix it up with a few six packs !
    We normally drink local beers or imports - Modelo, Tyskie Welly SPA. Either way, it will be amazing place to enjoy a few cold beverages

User Info Menu

The L&M store is just down the street from Samsara, maybe a 3 minute walk. I don't know if they have cans, but they have lots of stuff packed in their store.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

L&M has beer and just about anything else you may want.
    Name:  Store.png
Views: 437
Size:  308.0 KB
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

ErinD...also Samsara has really, really good Red Stripe beer on tap (hopefully still) & offers a reasonable happy hour.

User Info Menu

From the reviews on L&M , I will be stopping in there a few times.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    ErinD...also Samsara has really, really good Red Stripe beer on tap (hopefully still) & offers a reasonable happy hour.
    We opted for the all-inclusive plan at Samsara, we are thinking it would be nice to have a few cold drinks later in the evening once the bar closes at 10pm. Not that we are planning on a party, but sitting out enjoying the warm air with a beer or two is a nice way to end the day

User Info Menu

Well...I tried the Red Stripe in a can, and I thought it was quite good. I snuck the empty can home in the luggage for my beer can collection. I'm not in trouble am I?