Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BEWARE?Omega Medical Hospital Negril

User Info Menu

Re: BEWARE?Omega Medical Hospital Negril

Complete extortion! Staff corrupt! Cannot speak to anyone of authority. Left messages, no response for a week now. They have no compassion and care nothing about those in need; just money money!

Still no records received after 3 requests.

Was informed yesterday someone is there now needing surgery. Quoted $33,000 USD payable before surgery. Deposit of $5,000 USD at intake. Shame shame shame.

Their day will come! Yes it will!

User Info Menu

Have a similar experience but with a Mobay hospital had to evacuate ( their description ) my wife when the dr after 14 hrs pulled me aside and told me she was going to die in this hospital because they didn?t know what to do as she was getting worse I told them not if you give her the medicine i told them to give her but they didn?t/couldn?t give it to her because they didn?t know what it was or couldn?t find information on it Yes trip insurance is a must in Jamaica my insurance company took care of getting the information billing everything 45 minutes later a plane touched down in Mobay 5 person trauma team whisked in and 25 minutes later we were in the air to Florida @a top 5 trauma center in the US
    Forgot to mention she had had a stroke As were getting her ready to the leave the lead nurse? told the dr go get her f?-ing medicine which she gave to my wife right then and during the flight she became coherent and was talking

User Info Menu

The Omega Medical Hospital seemed too good to be true!! Once in 1978 I was in Negril with a guy I knew from college and he developed severe abdominal pains and was doubled over at the waist. I was told that there was a hospital in Sav so I hired a mini bus and took him there. It was beyond belief, no sheets or pillows on beds, Cuban doctors who couldn't speak English, etc... Luckily for my friend there were a couple of Jamaicans in the hospital who had been in the US picking apples and they took my friend under their wings and got him food to eat and looked after him. They didn't do any tests and after a few days he felt better and was released and flew back to NYC. I believe the issue was kidney stones but it was a scary couple of days. At that time there was no threats of no pay no play but the conditions were no where near the healthcare of the US. I wondered how this new Omega Hospital would be able to do business but I guess now we know!!

User Info Menu

You need to ASAP block your card and any other bank info you may have given them. I am so sorry this happened to you and that nothing worse happened at Omega. Definitely extortion when they said first it would be $20,000.00 then the next day $23.000.00. You already paid $500.00 with no receipt then telling you to pay $837,000 Jamaican which is $5,393.95 US dollar.

The last time I went to Negril was in 2011. I haven't gone back due to my health issues and what would happen if I had to go to the doctor or hospital. My family couldn't get there.

User Info Menu

What hospital were you treated at in Montego bay? My husband had surgery at hospiton and everything went quite smoothly. our travel insurance reimbursed us 100%

User Info Menu

I went to Montego Bay Hospital Mt Salem St James.

Excellent, professional treatment and care!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sandytoes View Post
    Good Day!
    I am taking this opportunity to share my experience at Omega Medical Negril.
    Hi Sandytoes --- After reading your story, I realize who you are You went through such an ordeal. You never try to get over on people so it sucks even more that you were taken advantage of. Do you remember when I had to take my mom? We had such a different experience which was positive but they had also just opened. I'm glad you were able to get back on your feet and always thankful for the support you receive from C. ~Joanie

User Info Menu

What a horrible experience! I needed blood work done and called Omega.the draw would cost 4500jmd but you wouldn't get the results back for a week and a half. What kind of hospital waits that long for results? Went to lab in the plaza....2500 for the draw, results back the next day.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Babalew View Post
    What a horrible experience! I needed blood work done and called Omega.the draw would cost 4500jmd but you wouldn't get the results back for a week and a half. What kind of hospital waits that long for results? Went to lab in the plaza....2500 for the draw, results back the next day.
    The fees are over the top nonsense!

A few examples
    First Day -
    Room and board 225,000 J
    Lab services 28,400J
    Lab Emergency Fee 20,000J
    IM Admin Fee 10,375J, per inj
    Medical disposables 19,025 J
    Emergency Rpt Fee 17,000J
    Observation Fee (4) hrs at 12,262.50J per hr- while the person plays on the phone

Second day
    Medical disposables 17,430J
    More IM Admin Fee at 10,375J, per inj
    3 IV infused meds at 13,500J per med
    Out patient bed 86,400J
    Ambulance Fee to Sav 52,000J
    Discharge Fee 17,670J

Might have been easier to post the invoices.

Quick cash grab!