Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New MBJ egates- Experiences?

User Info Menu

New MBJ egates- Experiences?

How are the new egates working at MBJ. Anyone with first hand knowledge of how they are speeding up the process. It has been awhile since I have read any complaints about long lines and long times to get out of the airport so it sounds positive. We land on Sunday March 24th at 12:30. I was waitlisted for ClubMobay and just received confirmation that a space is open. We really don?t use the lounge and just wanted fast track. I have 24 hours to confirm and leaning towards not taking it if the egates are working well to ease the congestion. Anybody with experiences during a ?busy time??

User Info Menu

Re: New MBJ egates- Experiences?

Freaking awesome!
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

I see no reason to book Club Mobay for arrivals unless you want to hang around in their lounge for a while before finding your transportation. Long lines at immigration have seem to become a thing of the past. Booking them for departure however may still be something I would still consider, it's a nice place to chill before getting to your gate just before boarding.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stoners6 View Post
    Freaking awesome!
    That’s exactly what we experienced on arrival Saturday February 3 @ 2:50pm…
    Made it through immigration in less than a minute…then waited and waited for luggage…elated are nice!

User Info Menu

Egates are nice!

User Info Menu

There was a long line for the egates when we arrived 25Feb. Club MoBay took us to open egates that seemed to be held for their use. Got through that quickly and then after a longish wait for bags, they got us through the long customs lines too. I'm still a Club MoBay believer.

Did not need it departing, the security line was short and moved quickly. Good news is that if we needed it then, you can purchase it right on the spot.

User Info Menu

Egates are great and help but Clubmobay is still the way to go if you land in the middle of 14 planes in an hour widow time frame.

User Info Menu

If I remember correctly from years ago, wasn't there a website that showed all arrival times into montego bay? It would be nice to find out how many planes will be arriving when we touch down. Any help directing me to such a website would be greatly appreciated!!

User Info Menu

https://m.mbjairport.com/arrivals

This covers both arrivals and departures.

User Info Menu

Try this too. You can punch in your flight number to see if the departure is onetime or not. You can also track where the plane is prior to departure. Example; if you're departing from Toronto you can find out if the plane carrying you down has been delayed at another airport. You can now adjust your schedule accordingly. If you have a loved one come down, your track the flights progress right up until it lands at MBJ.

The app is a little hard to figure out but once you get the hang of it, it's a remarkable tool.

https://www.flightaware.com