Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Barney?s hummingbirds

User Info Menu

Barney?s hummingbirds

Has anybody visited this business (in the far west end)?

Years ago Alfred took Peg and I way up into the mountains to a hummingbird sanctuary. It was a great, incredibly calming experience.

If you?ve been to Barney?s can you share your take on it?

User Info Menu

Re: Barney?s hummingbirds

We go almost every year. Normally we go early AM. I think they open at 9 AM. They have told me it is usually best later in the day. We hang out for 1.5 to 2 hours just chilling in the garden. Barney likes it if you call ahead, but we never have. The most people we have seen at one time is about 6 people. This last visit was the first time we didn't get a hummer to drink from the bottle. We always incorporate breakfast at Jus Natural with our Barney's trip. Your last experience was probably at Rockland.
    Regards,
    Bob

Name:  DSCN9932.JPG
Views: 404
Size:  6.94 MB

Name:  DSCN9934.JPG
Views: 400
Size:  3.50 MB

Name:  DSCN9947.JPG
Views: 397
Size:  3.55 MB

User Info Menu

Rockland sounds right.
    Thanks for the info!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpolephoreskin View Post
    Has anybody visited this business (in the far west end)?

Years ago Alfred took Peg and I way up into the mountains to a hummingbird sanctuary. It was a great, incredibly calming experience.

If you?ve been to Barney?s can you share your take on it?
    We have been there twice and loved it! Once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Fed the birds on both occasions. Loved just strolling the garden as well. Lovely and relaxed way to spend some time

User Info Menu

I would like to visit here on our next trip. Looks very nice and I would also like to try the breakfast at Jus Natural. Thanks for the photos.