Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Negril Bound - April 13

User Info Menu

Negril Bound - April 13

Dang it, only a week.... Apr 13-20
    Long time not in Negril, sadly. We talked about it often, probably every year. Something always seemed to get in the way, foolish humans. I know there will be a ton of changes since the last time we were there. Looking forward to the changes and the things that never change. Visited JA last year, but not Negril. That got us wanting to head back "home" to Negril. Looking forward to re-connecting to folks, and, honestly, just chill. Coming with some Newbies, that'll change 'em forever. "Soon Come"

Later!
    Whit
    When the going gets weird the weird turn Pro.
    Hunter S. Thomson

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Bound - April 13

Quote Originally Posted by Whit View Post
    Dang it, only a week.... Apr 13-20
    Long time not in Negril, sadly. We talked about it often, probably every year. Something always seemed to get in the way, foolish humans. I know there will be a ton of changes since the last time we were there. Looking forward to the changes and the things that never change. Visited JA last year, but not Negril. That got us wanting to head back "home" to Negril. Looking forward to re-connecting to folks, and, honestly, just chill. Coming with some Newbies, that'll change 'em forever. "Soon Come"

Later!
    Whit
    Always good to get back. Two newer spots for you. Negril Top Diner is generating a lot of buzz as new restaurant. Also Negril has a Scotchies now that you might want to check out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corey K View Post
    Always good to get back. Two newer spots for you. Negril Top Diner is generating a lot of buzz as new restaurant. Also Negril has a Scotchies now that you might want to check out.
    Heading to Negril in May and saw this post about the Scotchies in Negril. Is it now open and where abouts is it? I couldn't find in on google maps.

How does Scotchies compare to Best in the West or Kool Vybes? Those are two of our fav's.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bobbynh View Post
    Heading to Negril in May and saw this post about the Scotchies in Negril. Is it now open and where abouts is it? I couldn't find in on google maps.

How does Scotchies compare to Best in the West or Kool Vybes? Those are two of our fav's.

Thanks!
    It's in the strip mall where the old Hi Lo and now Country Store Supermarket is in. It's the very first part of the west end as you turn the corner leaving downtown. Has a nice ocean view so it has that going for it over Kool Vybz. It is open for business as is the new super market there. Beyond that I can't speak to the food at this particular location as I have not ate there yet. The original one just outside of Mo Bay heading towards Falmouth was very good but I've seen mixed reviews on their new location in Mo Bay. If I were rating the original Scotchies against Kool Vybz I'd give a slight edge to Scotchies but like I said I've seen mixed reviews of the newer locations so I'm not sure if that will be the case in Negril.