Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Wifi at Sangster?

User Info Menu

Wifi at Sangster?

Quick question. Is there wifi to connect to at Sangster when we arrive? I'm trying to keep from using costly airtime, and just use WhatsApp if I need to get a hold of my ride. Thanks for any help

User Info Menu

Re: Wifi at Sangster?

Yes there is.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

butch,

See link below:

https://www.mbjairport.com/wifi-terms-and-conditions

My personal experience has been that it works INSIDE the Terminal, but once you exit to the taxi area, it drops off quickly.
    I was not able to call using What's APP from the Taxi area last trip using wifi, but was able to call using air time.

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    Quick question. Is there wifi to connect to at Sangster when we arrive? I'm trying to keep from using costly airtime, and just use WhatsApp if I need to get a hold of my ride. Thanks for any help
    Yes but it does not always work well especially outside where you wait for taxis. I do believe when you exit the airport you can connect to the Grouvy Grouper Bar's wifi, or at least I have in the past when I sat and had a beer there. The bartender gave me the password on those occasions but I haven't done it in a couple of years. If you're just worried about calling your taxi there are plenty of people around who will let you use their phone for a couple of bucks too.

User Info Menu

Groovy grouper wifi is even better! I always grab a red stripe there anyway. Thanks for all the help you guys