Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
I know very little about the "procurement procedure" other than the PM declaring an "emergence situation that requires a prompt repose" regarding the road and wall collapse by Sunshine plaza. He said the repairs still have to go through the procurement procedure. I'm not sure if I will see those repairs in my life time (and I plan on living for another 25 years).

What about a "local state of emergency". Does Negril have any local government or Parish sympathy. Local SOE might get the word out internationally and that might prompt a response.
The seawall will probably be done within our lifetime. My guess is they will start it just before next winter's busy season. Somehow that always seems to happen.

Our "local government" is Sav. Our mayor is the mayor of Sav. And the last thing you want is an SOE, it just slows everything down.

As AI tries to summarize Jamaica's unique procurement procedures, it says "These features contribute to a comprehensive and robust procurement system in Jamaica. They aim to ensure transparency, fairness, and efficiency in the procurement process."

Essentially it is a way that stops the "business as usual" in the past where family and friends "won" all the contracts. Now there are something like a dozen steps that have to satisfied before a contract is granted. It seems that whoever wrote the new procurement procedures left out anything having to do with emergencies. That is why we are suggesting that the JDF Engineers handle it, We would think there is an exception when the ones doing the work are in the military, We may be wrong but its worth a try!

If you want to get the word out internationally which is what we want to do, please read the other thread "We need your help" - it explains everything and even to contact anyone you know in the real media (not the social kind).