Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Negril needs your help! Just an email....

User Info Menu

Re: Negril needs your help! Just an email....

Done and done.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Also sent emails.

We returned Saturday from Country Country and it was disheartening hearing from the employees how they have zero water at their homes.

I felt fortunate that while CC did at times shut off the water late nights it was a very minor inconvenience compared to those suffering like our housekeeping, security folks etc. At least we always had water during the day.

User Info Menu

Done. It takes less than a minute to send an email. Do it for the fine people of Negril!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

Administrator

User Info Menu

First letter to the editor has been published! Keep them coming!

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...is-bad-tourism
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    First letter to the editor has been published! Keep them coming!

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...is-bad-tourism
    Hey, that's my letter - I've been published!!

User Info Menu

Done.
    Rob- do you have a fact sheet or a link to an article explaining the situation. I know a number of folks in the CT West Indian community who might be able to help as well.
    I will be down at the end of the month- I look forward to coming down yet again

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sand gravity View Post
    Done.
    Rob- do you have a fact sheet or a link to an article explaining the situation. I know a number of folks in the CT West Indian community who might be able to help as well.
    I will be down at the end of the month- I look forward to coming down yet again
    Does this work? Tvj newscast...

https://youtu.be/fjq_P8Zo8Zo

User Info Menu

Rob, sent to Min. Bartlett and forward to the Gleaner:

Minister Bartlett, I?ve been coming to Jamaica annually since 1999. I?m boycotting this year because my favorite Negril restaurants can?t get water on the West end. You should be ashamed of this and I?m contacting the news here in the U.S. to tell them I wrote to you about this issue. I read your comment on another board that water ?wasn?t your problem,? but it?s going to be.

Respect,

Jeffrey A. Willams, Ph.D.

As soon as I locate the email address of the travel reporter for the Insider online newsletter, I?m alerting her about this issue, as well.

Does this work? Tvj newscast...

https://youtu.be/fjq_P8Zo8Zo

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jdub View Post
    Rob, sent to Min. Bartlett and forward to the Gleaner:

Minister Bartlett, I?ve been coming to Jamaica annually since 1999. I?m boycotting this year because my favorite Negril restaurants can?t get water on the West end. You should be ashamed of this and I?m contacting the news here in the U.S. to tell them I wrote to you about this issue. I read your comment on another board that water ?wasn?t your problem,? but it?s going to be.

Respect,

Jeffrey A. Willams, Ph.D.

As soon as I locate the email address of the travel reporter for the Insider online newsletter, I?m alerting her about this issue, as well.
    Thank you man!

User Info Menu

Thank you man!
    Bchang@businessinsider.com

Hi Brittany, I?m hoping you are interested in a travel story about Negril, Jamaica. It?s my annual travel spot and we are saddened by the inaction of government officials related to the lack of water in an island surrounded by water. Jamaica welcomes over one million U.S. visitors annually (I don?t know the actual numbers but I?m certain it?s many more) and the lack of water for residents and visitors is unconscionable, unhealthy, and unethical. I attached the above link to a tv report about this issue. The Jamaica Gleaner also did an article but we are hoping that you can print an article since it?s travel related. Thanks for your consideration.

Respect,