Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No longer our happy place.

User Info Menu

Re: No longer our happy place.

Sorry you had this experience. Perhaps, you might consider Negril during a different month? January may be better? We experienced no loud noises and plenty of water. Nothing to complain about. Years ago we stayed at Rayon hotel and heard booming during the night. I got the impression it was coming from cars with very loud speakers, probably out by Margarittaville. It was terrible. We haven't heard noise like that in recent years. Negril is still for us.

User Info Menu

Re: No longer our happy place.

Re: No longer a happy place.
    Sorry to here about your last experience. Your report highlighted lots of important things , it's nice to know you love JA and negril's your happy place , it still can remain as such . I have read where persons have suggested Airbnb ,I think that's a great idea especially the ones up the beach away from it all. You might not have persons doing meals as you are used to in the hotels, maybe you would have to request such but you can always find out before hand .What you must keep in mind however, holidays are always festive so it is best to book before or after. If by chance you are here during that period ,the above suggestion would be suitable in such a case.We are currently experiencing a drought as the lack of rain causes the water issue to a great extent . It is frustrating for us as locals and I know for our visitor it is worst as you are not used to it. We are hoping it will get better soon as our farmers are affected greatly as well! I am also suggesting when you are here, ask your drive to take you to some of the more localized stores / supermarket,though you might not find some of the things you get in Hilo or value master. Do some research before your next trip to find some new and different things that will give you back that spark for your happy place . One love JA !