Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Dufry Duty Free on Arrival Question

User Info Menu

Dufry Duty Free on Arrival Question

Dear Boardies,

Have any of you placed an order on-line with Dufry BEFORE arrival, to be picked up at their Duty Free Store after Immigrations and before Customs?

On the last few trips, the line for checkout has been long and slow, then 1/2 the time the credit card machine isn't working!!!

Appreciate any feed back.

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

Re: Dufry Duty Free on Arrival Question

I used it once last year. It wasn't that bad with lines of people. We just wanted OUT of the airport so the waiting around was a bit much for us but for a different reason. They couldn't find our order at first, so re-packed it but then at the last minute found our original order that was pre-packaged lol. I am just grabbing some booze at Hi-Lo for the next trip, the prices didn't seem to be too bad from what I saw online.

User Info Menu

I am a huge fan of this service!!!! Although, I usually come through the airport early before the crowds are too bad. I always place my order in advance for a nice discount and even though I select to pick the order up at arrivals, it defaults back to departures so my order is never ready when I get there. No problem though, they pick it from items on their shelves, honor the 20% discount and I am off. Can't beat 4 liters of Kingston 62 Gold rum for $54.40!!!

Monty and Melo

User Info Menu

bobbynh and Monte & Melo,

Much appreciated!!!

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

VVHT based on our last 2 trips I would definitely try this option. March the duty free checkout line was off the charts long, last week the line was better but still longer than I would want to wait, probably around 15 to 20 people deep. Definitely made me pass on buying a couple bottles of JB to bring home.