Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Got me again!

User Info Menu

Got me again!

Idle Awhile Beach does these great 4th night free deals I can't resist. Obviously off season, but we prefer the quieter Negril. Our B'days are August anyway. It's going to be Hot! Hot! Hot! Anyone else 8/16 to 8/28?

User Info Menu

Re: Got me again!

JohnNYC,

I'll let you know....
    There definitely is something special about a quieter Negril, especially walking the beach without the crowds!

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

My birthday is in August. I wish........

User Info Menu

In over 40 years of Negril trips Mrs. Yardie and I have been there almost every month of the year. We don't mind August temperatures there because they're still a couple of degrees cooler than at home in New Orleans (with a sea breeze to boot). August is also hurricane season in both
    places. We were there in 2021 when the wave that became Hurricane Ida caused rain on us in Negril then made a bee line for New Orleans, causing significant damage to our home. Our two week trip turned into a month because it took two weeks just to reopen the N.O. airport.
    My point is this...in August life slows down in Negril and your friends have a lot more time to visit and hang out because they're not so busy
    like in the high season when they're always on the run. In this case they all knew what had happened to us and rallied around in support.
    If you have friends in Negril August is the month they can spend more time just hanging out. Negril is also the best place to "endure" a mandatory
    evacuation.

User Info Menu

I've been coming to Negril since '85. Stopped counting how many trips at about 30. More than half of these in August.
    I don't mind sweating my ass off all day, but when I'm all cleaned up for dinner and trying not to sweat in my food, it gets annoying.
    Every several days we need a dinner at Matthews where we can eat in AC (and the food and service top notch).
    Yes, the beach is thinner in tourist population, but this means the haggler to tourist ratio is dramatically changed, for the worse.
    I've been getting lucky all these years avoiding storms. The last couple years I've been getting insurance in case my luck runs out.