Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Country Store /HiLo Comparison

User Info Menu

Country Store /HiLo Comparison

Good Morning!
    How would you say the new Country Store at Sunshine Village compares with HiLo at Boardwalk in terms of price, selection etc?

User Info Menu

Re: Country Store /HiLo Comparison

Ratty,

Just my humble opinion....

Country Store at Sunshine Village is Brand New, Hilo in Boardwalk Village is almost brand new (about a year and 1/2 old).
    Both are excellent improvements to Negril!
    I have shopped both stores.

Country Store is located in Sunshine Village at the beginning of the West End/Cliffs.
    Hilo is located at Boardwalk Village at the north end of Long Bay across from Country Country and Treehouse.
    So depending on where you are staying, one might be more convenient than the other.
    April 2023 I was staying at White Sands and the new Hilo was very convenient to walk to almost every other day.

HiLo is bigger and has more selection.

I'm not too fussy about pricing, so I can't give an opinion on prices. I'm more of a convenience shopper and if I'm downtown, I'll stop at Country Store, if I'm up on the beach road, I might stop at HiLo (especially if I'm going the NCB ATM).

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy

Administrator

User Info Menu

Country Store is very new, and their selection is growing by the week. Prices seem to be about 10% less than HiLo on most items I regularly purchase.

The best selection overall seems to be the "Green Store", Quality Trader's. They are a stone's throw from the Country Store, and are also less expensive than HiLo.

Lee Issa is doing amazing renovations to the Sunshine Village Plaza where the Country Store is located. We will be featuring all the businesses there in the upcoming weeks!

And selection really depends on the suppliers for the most part. NO ONE has non clumping cat litter anywhere, the suppliers simply cannot get it. Urgh....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

The Country store's wine selection is the most extensive I have seen in Negril.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the information everyone

User Info Menu

"Lee Issa is doing amazing renovations to the Sunshine Village Plaza where the Country Store is located".

I've been snooping around the Negril real estate market, and could swear I noticed Sunshine Plaza up for sale. Could be why Mr. Issa is freshening up the place.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    "Lee Issa is doing amazing renovations to the Sunshine Village Plaza where the Country Store is located".

I've been snooping around the Negril real estate market, and could swear I noticed Sunshine Plaza up for sale. Could be why Mr. Issa is freshening up the place.
    Mr. Issa bought it. That is an old listing. This is WAY beyond a freshening up. Total renovations are in progress, and with the major work being done, any price listed today would be substantially higher when work is completed.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!