Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Trip Report Part 1 - Beach

User Info Menu

Trip Report Part 1 - Beach

This was our 8th trip to Negril in the last 7 years, and the thought was it would be our last for a while. All the previous trips had been to either Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away and originally this one was scheduled for 8 nights at Swept Away. As time when by and the thought of finishing up travels to Negril for a while, we added another 3 nights at Tensing Pen to make sure we had seen the other end of Negril and spent some time outside of an AI.

The first 8 days were pretty much what we had come to expect at CSA – great in every way. Some big waves came in by Wednesday afternoon that actually made it possible to do some light body surfing. I like waves a whole lot, but they do kind of mess with the usual tranquil 7 Mile beach routine. Due to a promotion when booking and our repeat guest perks we had $700 resort credit plus 2 free half hour massages. So, in addition to having the usual great CSA experience we were “forced” to indulge in a lot of Spa time. All the spa time for the wife gave me the opportunity to complete one of my goals for the trip which was to walk the beach all the way to town. I’ve been close before, but never the whole way. One thing about staying at CSA is when you walk the beach you really don’t get envious of any other beach spots. I’m not saying there aren’t other nice spots on Negril Beach, but CSA definitely is in the very top tier for both facilities and real estate.

Once at the end of the beach I backtracked a short distance and went through Travellers to get to the road for the return trip. At the entrance to Times Square I decided to get a jelly coconut from the guys out front. The guy wanted $200J, I offered $2US and he agreed. I gave him the $2 up front and he headed off across the street to get a coconut. I wandered around looking at what stores were in Times Square and went back out and the guy had got the coconut and chopped it open. I picked up the coconut and he said he wanted another dollar. I said I gave him $2. He got in my face and yelled “give me another dollar!” I got in his face and yelled “we agreed on 2!” and walked away. Not sure why he had to be a dick after coming on so nice up front, but he was. I’ll buy my coconut from someone else next time.

Shortly after finishing the coconut I decided to catch a ride with a cab back to CSA from a guy named Dwight with red plates parked just past Café Goa. During the ride we agreed that he’d pick us up at noon on Friday and move us up to Tensing Pen. I didn’t get a phone number, just a “I’ll be there.” On Thursday we called TP and they said we were welcome to show up at any time, but couldn’t promise our room would be ready until 3pm. CSA said we had to be out by 11am so they could turn over the room, but we were welcome to stay on property until we could get in our room at TP. Nice and reasonable on both places I thought. We decided to say at CSA, eat lunch, enjoy the beach and shower/change at the sports complex before heading to TP at 230. Not having a number for Dwight I remembered to swing by the front at noon and see if he was there. Sure enough he was up front talking to security waiting for us. I let him know the change of plans and asked if he’d come back in a couple of hours and let him know I’d throw a little extra in for jerking him around. “No problem” he said. Sure enough, he was back at 230. He gave me a card this time and right under his name it says “Always On Time.” If anyone needs a safe and punctual driver for around Negril, an airport transfer, or tour I’d definitely recommend Dwight. Call him at (876) 839 6396 or 567 7906.

Name:  DSCN0592.JPG
Views: 435
Size:  85.2 KBName:  DSCN0581.JPG
Views: 499
Size:  83.8 KB

User Info Menu

love that first photo-sharp report, thanks......Happy Holidays
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

spectacular!!!

User Info Menu

LOL @ coconut drama we agreed on two LOL

User Info Menu

Ok, you got my attention. Keep it coming.

User Info Menu

Great pics! Sorry to hear about the jerk trying to bait you into paying more money. Glad your stood your ground.
    “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru

User Info Menu

Thank you! Nice Report!
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Love that first pic! You can actually see the frost on that frosty mug of Red Stripe

User Info Menu

love that first photo ... those WERE some crazy waves!! Good fun!