Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Beryl - as predicted

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Beryl - as predicted

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Watching the barometric pressure. It is about the best indicator of what to expect.
    The barometric pressure has increased but the wind speeds haven't gone down which is a very bad sign. From the current satellite images, the eye is just too close and the forward speed at 20mph, there is absolutely no way that the eye will not hit Jamaica directly. This is as bad of a prediction that we could be facing.

The upper right [eastern] quadrant is always considered the worst, if Beryl dips southernly. even slightly. it will not help us at all and possibly do just as extensive damage if not more.

The only saving grace is it is moving fast just as Gilbert did.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    I'm hoping for the best for you guys! It looks like you're going to get a 'small' break where the eye is now looking to stay just south of the island.

Stay Safe!!!

Attachment 57406

This the current image, the little puffy thing in the middle of the photo is the eye. I think the small break ended.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Here now with two small children and freaking out! We?re right on the beach.
    There is no way to paint this as a "no worry" event - this is going to be a bad one. LISTEN AND DO exactly what your staff tell you. They know best. Don't repeat the mistakes we made during Gilbert. Please don't think you know better. The Issa family property is the absolutely safest place to be.

User Info Menu

As a JAmerican my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in it's path. When it's safe please post pictures of 7 mile especially around the Kuyaba area that I considered my second home for many years. God speed my friends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Negril is just beginning to get the first outer bands. A few minutes of wind, followed by calm. This is always the first indicator that you can see. And I am hearing pounding of nails probably to cover windows. You do that last because the house can get quite hot. I prefer hurricane shutter windows.

While typing this, the winds are picking up during the bands.

User Info Menu

that is a monster. be safe!

Name:  ouch102220.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  122.6 KB

Administrator

User Info Menu

More bad news, Beryl is now moving 18mph, which means it will last longer on the island.

User Info Menu

Best of luck to all. Stay safe. Will be thinking about those there.

Harb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    that is a monster. be safe!

Name:  ouch102220.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  122.6 KB
    I guess so, it looks huge. Just curious what is the weather radar app that you are using for down there. Be safe for everyone my thoughts and prayers they're they're just they're doing like some

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wilky View Post
    I guess so, it looks huge. Just curious what is the weather radar app that you are using for down there. Be safe for everyone my thoughts and prayers they're they're just they're doing like some
    been watching the radar at weather.com

https://weather.com/weather/radar/in...0693b9e0d3ef0a