Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beryl - as predicted

Administrator

User Info Menu

Beryl - as predicted

Hurricane Beryl's barometric pressure is rising, slowly lowing its intensity and has become a Cat 4 from the Cat 5 an hour ago. Hopefully we will see it decrease to a Cat 3 before noon tomorrow. Let's all hope for the best!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Beryl - as predicted

Does the Jamaican government do a good job of notifying residents and instruct them to prepare? I’ve messaged with some friends there today. They knew it was coming but no one seemed to concerned. Responses ranged from we will know better tomorrow, to what can you do, to i have to trust that God will take care of me. When Gilbert was still fresh on their minds they did take storms more seriously. Young folks thought the February storm was one of the worst they had seen. I think they are in for a big surprise. We are keeping everyone in our thoughts and prayers. Stay safe Rob!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    Does the Jamaican government do a good job of notifying residents and instruct them to prepare? I?ve messaged with some friends there today. They knew it was coming but no one seemed to concerned. Responses ranged from we will know better tomorrow, to what can you do, to i have to trust that God will take care of me. When Gilbert was still fresh on their minds they did take storms more seriously. Young folks thought the February storm was one of the worst they had seen. I think they are in for a big surprise. We are keeping everyone in our thoughts and prayers. Stay safe Rob!
    No. The government is having a meeting today to decide if they should implement national disaster plans. For instance, in the Observer today:

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/2024...loser-jamaica/

User Info Menu

Thinking of everyone in Jamaica and praying for the best outcome. Take care everyone. Take no chances and stay as safe as possible.

User Info Menu

Stay safe!

User Info Menu

Stay safe and hopefully it will weaken...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Janet View Post
    Stay safe and hopefully it will weaken...
    Watching the barometric pressure. It is about the best indicator of what to expect.

User Info Menu

Here now with two small children and freaking out! We’re right on the beach.

User Info Menu

May all you have safe passage through the storm.

User Info Menu

I'm hoping for the best for you guys! It looks like you're going to get a 'small' break where the eye is now looking to stay just south of the island.

Stay Safe!!!

Name:  Beryl.JPG
Views: 737
Size:  45.3 KB
    Last edited by ukran1ans; Yesterday at 07:31 AM.
    Go Bills!