Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Beryl - as predicted

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Beryl - as predicted

Quote Originally Posted by Wilky View Post
    I guess so, it looks huge. Just curious what is the weather radar app that you are using for down there. Be safe for everyone my thoughts and prayers they're they're just they're doing like some
    I am checking about a dozen websites on the laptop, what a difference than absolutely no information available in 1988 during Gilbert.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Wind is really picking up now. Manage of Idle Awhile came to our villa to check on us and said they have a back up generator in case power is lost. That?s like the least of my worries. I just don?t want windows shattering and cutting my children or something like that. Never experienced a hurricane here although Omar is well used to it and is as cool as a cucumber right now. We have a property we?re building in the hills that will probably get damaged. This sucks.

User Info Menu

Hunker down all and stay safe !

Our prayers are with Jamaica and everybody on the island.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Wind is really picking up now. Manage of Idle Awhile came to our villa to check on us and said they have a back up generator in case power is lost. That?s like the least of my worries. I just don?t want windows shattering and cutting my children or something like that. Never experienced a hurricane here although Omar is well used to it and is as cool as a cucumber right now. We have a property we?re building in the hills that will probably get damaged. This sucks.
    Don't fret about the windows, the Issa's have taken all that into account. And being here for every hurricane since Gilbert, unless your husband is well over 40, none of the hurricanes he has experienced are anything that this could and probably will become.

PLEASE, listen to your staff and follow their directions and don't assume that you know better.

As I have stated, you could not be in safer hands than the Issas.

Your property in the hills, well, expect the unexpected when you finally get to see it.

If you want to talk, 876-423-5479.

This will be weird.

User Info Menu

My fear for Jamaica is that it's been so long since there has been a hurricane like this in Jamaica that people will underestimate the potential. My thoughts and prayers for all.
    Johio

Administrator

User Info Menu

In Kingston, Port Royal has already been cut off from the Capitol.

And it seems that current has just been cut off to protect the grid and the people.

I will be saving as much battery as I can. No generator here...

Administrator

User Info Menu

False alarm. Current is back. But I do imagine it will be cut off fairly soon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Don't fret about the windows, the Issa's have taken all that into account. And being here for every hurricane since Gilbert, unless your husband is well over 40, none of the hurricanes he has experienced are anything that this could and probably will become.

PLEASE, listen to your staff and follow their directions and don't assume that you know better.

As I have stated, you could not be in safer hands than the Issas.

Your property in the hills, well, expect the unexpected when you finally get to see it.

If you want to talk, 876-423-5479.

This will be weird.
    Thanks dude. Omar is 41 btw lol.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The first rains are coming to Negril, now it will become interesting.

User Info Menu

Our crazy cousin is coming down from Orange Hill to visit us now. Just raining right now as Rob says. Guess we’ll have an overnight guest lol.