Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Beryl - as predicted

User Info Menu

Re: Beryl - as predicted

Quote Originally Posted by Harb99 View Post
    Any updates? I know power is likely limited or out from my contact with others.

Rob?how did you fair?

Everyone is in our thoughts and we hope everyone made it through ok with minor damage.

Harb
    Rob is without current etc. at the moment along with most of Negril...unless of course you have a generator.
    The beach road faired much better than the West End and everyone is working their butts off to get everything cleaned up & repaired as much and as soon as possible.
    JPS (electricity) is claiming that they'll be working on restoring current starting tomorrow. Here's hoping!🤞

User Info Menu

The guy from Traveller's did a very informative You Tube video from the property during the storm. At the time it showed very little damage, at least around his property, and a huge mess as expected. I'm hoping this applies to the rest of Negril, and the island in general. If it's only clean up and minor repairs, Jamaica, thankfully, dogged a huge bullet!

User Info Menu

As bad as it is, I am soo relieved that it was not a second Gilbert! Hang in there Jamaica!

User Info Menu

Winthrop Wellington is the guy from Travellers
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stoners6 View Post
    Winthrop Wellington is the guy from Travellers
    Yup. I was considering cancelling my August trip. After watching his video I now feel confident keeping my plans.
    I Never considered staying at Travelers since I'm not crazy about that end of the beach. He seemed like a really chill guy watching out for his guests. Traveler's is now on my list to try a stay. I'll be there next month at Idle and will at least have a few meals there.

User Info Menu

Winthrop is a class act! Cares deeply for his family's hotel guests and all of Negril!

User Info Menu

Jamaica Uncut has a video on youtube of him driving in to Negril and up the west end road to Rockhouse. A lot of trees and power lines down. Hope everyone is safe and the authorities get everything back up and running as soon as humanly possible.

Administrator

User Info Menu

BTW, Digicel is still down in Negril
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Good to hear you weren't blown out to sea and Negril pulled through ok!