Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: After Beryl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Re: After Beryl

Thanks for the photos and update!

User Info Menu

Re: After Beryl

Thanks for the update Rob and good to hear you are safe and sound. I wanted to call you during the storm to check in but our Digicel was down and just came back online yesterday. Flow was working but we have a Digicel phone. Robert Ray is alive and healthy. He was doing his reports from the rock pools at The Point Village. It looked like his camera man was high up in a suite at The Royalton.

Just to keep everyone informed. Beach road has been pretty much cleared of trees. A backhoe went down the road and pushed everything to the side so now there is 2 lanes of traffic. Negril to Green island is OK with just 3 spots where trees are blocking one lane. Also JPS was in Negril yesterday. I saw 2 crews working hard on beach road. I saw 3 trees down across power lines and I counted 3 poles that were snapped and in need of replacing. Lots of poles bent over but JPS was just concentrating on the high supply lines and not the ones going to individual shops or houses. Maybe by today we'll have power.