Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Donations post Beryl?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Donations post Beryl?

Rob,

Any recommendations for donations post Hurricane Beryl?

Maybe:

Mary's Gate of Heaven Church - Fr. Jim?

Any others?

Thanks,

VVHT aka Happy

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Donations post Beryl?

That would be it! Make to note on the form that the money should go to the St.Anthony Soup Kitchen.

And don't forget our 4 legged friends and donate to the animal clinic.

That's for making this post happen!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Rob,
    I'll be down in a few weeks. Anything I can bring.....besides sliders?

User Info Menu

Unsure if this is the correct thread to post our needs post Beryl. If not please let me know.

Our loss is minimal compared to others and we give thanks for life. We lost our roof, all contents suffer water damage. Spent all week drying out and putting away for wash later. The week is more than exhausting.

We also lost some large trees. We are in need of some person(s) with a chainsaw who are willing to volunteer their time and energy to cut up the downed trees.

Please PM if you can help or know of someone who can.
    Thank you.

User Info Menu

I just donated to Blossoming Minds Academy. I know the director and it is similar to what Head Start is in the US. It’s for preschoolers and kindergartners. Provides affordable daycare, feeds the kids each day, and prepares them for academic excellence. The storm did not destroy the building they operate in but it did cause water damage and lots of materials will need to be replaced that the director does not currently have funds for. I’m sure there are many other worthy causes too. Here is a link to this one though or you can contact them directly on their Facebook page
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-b...-EamLnBYwVCN-Q

https://www.facebook.com/Blossomingm...ibextid=LQQJ4d

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sandytoes View Post
    Unsure if this is the correct thread to post our needs post Beryl. If not please let me know.

Our loss is minimal compared to others and we give thanks for life. We lost our roof, all contents suffer water damage. Spent all week drying out and putting away for wash later. The week is more than exhausting.

We also lost some large trees. We are in need of some person(s) with a chainsaw who are willing to volunteer their time and energy to cut up the downed trees.

Please PM if you can help or know of someone who can.
    Thank you.
    Sandytoes,

Thank you for your discretion on not turning your post into a "woe is me" pity party. We ALL faced nasty damage, had a tree limb come down a few feet where it did, I may not be able to answer this question.

For your situation, when you replace the roof, the main thing to think about are "hurricane straps". They are worth more their weight in gold. If you don't use them, expect the same thing to happen.

As for the trees and chainsaws, we are all paying for that. If a neighbor hasn't offered it for free, no one coming any distance will do it for free. After a Hurricane, nothing is free but neighbor helping neighbor.

Borrowing a chainsaw is bad because if you hurt yourself or mash up the chainsaw, the chainsaw owner faces criminal and/or financial charges.

In my 30+ years here it never even occurred to me not to pay someone for their work.

These are realities of a hurricane. You cannot escape them.

But, remember above all Hurricane Straps! Cheap and effective!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!