Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Matthews

User Info Menu

Matthews

If anyone has eaten at Matthew's restaurant at Boardwalk Village Plaza can you recommend it?

User Info Menu

Re: Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by Ratty2141 View Post
    If anyone has eaten at Matthew's restaurant at Boardwalk Village Plaza can you recommend it?
    I ate there last reach, and plan to again in a few weeks while there. The food is great, authentic Jamaican - service is great, prices fair and it has AC!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Matthew's is a "must stop" for me every time I have to go the bank in Boardwalk Shopping Village.

The food and drinks are excellent!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Hey Ratty, we ate there in March and again in May. First of all it's popular and is a nice place for Negril also has a/c . Service is good, when it gets busy they really seem to slow down. We're Sushi freaks, so any trip for us it's a must as we can't make it a week w/out Sushi. We've only had sushi and drinks there so my info pertains to just that. Sushi is just decent compared to states, drinks were good, service was friendly. If you pay cash it's a much better deal, their exchange rate was so bad on my card I actually made them reverse the charge and paid cash. It was crazy different like $18.00 or something like that on a little over a $100.00 US ticket. We went on a Saturday evening and it was crazy busy so that says something. We also stopped in for a late lunch and less crowded. We will go there again on our next visit. Hope this helps and you have a great trip.