Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Hammond's Bakery

User Info Menu

Hammond's Bakery

I've been hearing good things about Hammonds and would like to try them on our next trip. Were they damaged by Beryl?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Hammond's Bakery

Quote Originally Posted by Ratty2141 View Post
    I've been hearing good things about Hammonds and would like to try them on our next trip. Were they damaged by Beryl?
    Hammond's is great, which is why you hear such good things about them!

Beryl caused minor structural damage in Negril. But businesses have been affected much more by the horrendous service of the utilities, mainly JPS and Digicel. Both of these companies have been doing a terrible job getting their services back up and operating.

Both these entities sustained much worse damage after 3 days of hurricane winds during Ivan in 2004, and were serving customers within days.

Power is still being restored in certain areas outside Negril, and I got my Digicel service back just a few days ago. It took them 3 weeks for what was essentially 45 minutes of hurricane force winds.

Both these companies had better response 20 years ago than they did after Beryl.

Hammond's has been up and running for weeks as are virtually all businesses in Negril.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!