Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shootout in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: Shootout in Negril

I'm far from a Police lover, but in my eyes the Police defended themselves. Someone shoots at me, I shoot back. If they run out of ammo before I do... that's just too bad. I'm sure those in the wrong wouldn't stop shooting if the table were turned and the Police were in the water.
    I'm from NY so there's no way I can rely on the Judicial System. It's like the wild west here.

User Info Menu

I am curious as to how this has played out in the Jamaican "Press / Media" since it happened?

Anyone have an answer

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    I am curious as to how this has played out in the Jamaican "Press / Media" since it happened?

Anyone have an answer
    The citizens along with the media are universally hailing the absolutely incredible job the Police Terrorism and Organized Crime Unit carried out.

They killed or captured 10 gang members responsible for Bank Truck robberies and multiple innocent deaths. The Unit followed them into a unpopulated area, stood firm, waited for the gang to shoot and took care of these bad guys.

Media has been following this story for over a year, hinting if anything can stop this gang. The final coverage was obvious relief and Kudos for the Police Unit.

Everyone is thankful for the special Unit's utter professionalism. Not a single bystander was hurt even while dozens of them trying to get smartphone videos from all angles.

People and the media are proud of the professional police Unit.

Gang members island wide recruitment of young males has been damaged.

In a word, the citizens and media are grateful!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!