Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Getting older sucks...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Getting older sucks...

As we age, if we are among the lucky ones, we outlive those who we have loved and cherished over the years. Desmond, "Pretty" Hines, who many of you know him from his shop next to The Boat Bar passed away last night. I met Desmond, sheesh, probably 40 years ago and we have had some fun time chatting and planning and just watching the sunset from his "Desmond's Gift Shop".

In true Jamaican custom, I will be celebrating the life and times of my friend today, on this day of remembrance, Emancipation Day.

Although I will miss you, we both knew time marches on for everyone and I will crack a smile each time I think of something stupid we did or thought about doing.

I will miss you, Sir!

Cheers!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Getting older sucks...

I’m feeling you and please, my deepest condolences
    Life is beautiful and painful, making friends, loving people and always hard to let go of those we’ve come to appreciate and love
    Best to family and friends

User Info Menu

Rob,

Please extend my condolences to his family....

Hope you are okay?

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

Do not pity those who have passed. Pity the living who have lost those who have passed.
    Johio

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johio View Post
    Do not pity those who have passed. Pity the living who have lost those who have passed.
    Yup. They're in a better place than we are. I never met the man, but may he rest in peace.

User Info Menu

Yeah we just saw this also. Met Desmond in 1997, first trip, we have shared quite a few laughs and conversations with him over the years and a couple late nights when we were all younger. Will miss seeing him may he rest in peace.