Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: US travel advisory shifts favourably for Jamaica

Administrator

User Info Menu

US travel advisory shifts favourably for Jamaica

There are a small but vocal group of people posting on TripAdvisor who state that they are never coming back or haven't been here for decades.

Other than being strange to be posting on TA Jamaica forums when they are not coming back, they try to use crime against tourists as their reason.

The US has reworded their previous unfortunate travel advisory to some thing closer to the truth.

From the Observer:

Jamaican officials, including the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of National Security, presented compelling data demonstrating the remarkably low crime rate against visitors, which stands at less than 0.01 per cent.

Furthermore, they showcased significant reductions in the overall rate of serious crimes: Jamaica recorded a seven per cent reduction in 2023 to reach its lowest overall crime rate in 23 years. Through continued diligence in 2024, the country has realised a further 14.9 per cent year-to-date decrease in serious crimes

There has been a steady effort for the Police to act with decisive actions against the perpetrators. So instead of crime against anyone in Jamaica being touted as going up, it is actually going down CONSIDERABLY. Apparently the US is taking proper notice!

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/2024...rably-jamaica/
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: US travel advisory shifts favourably for Jamaica

Just trolls in their basements needing one more thing to complain about (which is why I hate social media, the scourge of our society). I laugh when a friend will send me some warning about crime in Jamaica. I always tell them Jamaica is like any other place in the world and my example is "Would you go to the Buffalo East Side after dark? (a notorious part of town here), of course not!, The same is true in Jamaica, any tourist that gets in trouble is most likely where they shouldn't be". I've just never felt unsafe in Negril, and that's because of the great people there. I've brought multiple friends and family down thru the years and they've either been return visitors or vowed to make it back in the near future.
    Last edited by ukran1ans; Today at 09:45 AM.
    Go Bills!

User Info Menu

Rob,

Great news!

Thanks,

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

Us loyal visitors knew the truth all along!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4