Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Benta Falls and Border Jerk

User Info Menu

Benta Falls and Border Jerk

Happy Sunday Morning everyone!

Has anyone been to Benta Falls and what was your experience? How far from Negril are the falls?
    I have heard that Border Jerk has great food. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

User Info Menu

Re: Benta Falls and Border Jerk

Been to Border Jerk a few times and for me, it's about the drive there. It's a very nice getaway, and from the look of all the high end vehicles and business people there, I'd say it was a getaway drive for them too. The jerk pork was ...OK?? ($$) but the beers at the bar were icy cold. If you drive (or have a driver) to Sav and then to Ferris Cross and up to Border Jerk, the Ferris Cross to the border is a remarkably nice road. On the way back down the hill, there's a bar in a place called Whithorn. This little bar right on the edge of town and above the fields below. You can sit on the concrete road wall, have a Red Stripe or two and enjoy a remarkable view of the towns and fields below. If you're going to Border Jerk you'll pass the bar and this view on the way up the hill. Then take the Petersfield Road towards Benta Falls. There is something about the Petersfield area that I like. Not sure what it is but I like that area.

So, lunch at Border Jerk and then back to Petersfield and up to Benta River would be a great trip. Not sure if you're talking about a road trip now or soon come. Things a pretty quiet right now and Benta Fall might not be open so call first.

https://www.bentariverfallsjamaica.com