Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Aquiring a JA visitor visa

User Info Menu

Aquiring a JA visitor visa

Has anyone from this board ever been from or known someone from a country that requires a visa to enter Jamaica as a visitor? I've done work visas for myself before I became a citizen but have a friend who's from a country that requires a visa before arrival - not sure if they make it an easy or a complicated process

User Info Menu

Re: Aquiring a JA visitor visa

Nothing in Jamaica is "easy" (that actually could be a part of the allure) and that is especially true with anything to do with immigration. I haven't applied for a visa but I do have permanent residency and that wasn't easy. Just a lot of jumps to go through and a lot of requirements. The difficult part was "we require this and not that". It took three trips to MoBay and FedEx papers from Canada. That being said, there must be companies that do visa application as a business. With all the foreign workers here working at Princess Resorts and the MoBay By-pass some company(s) must be out there. My neighbours are from Mexico working on the Rio restoration. I'll ask around.