Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Whoopees

User Info Menu

Whoopees

Is it open? I really like Murphys, would walk to watch the sunset at Whoopee?s and then head over for dinner. We stay at Catcha so I?m trying to find somewhere new to stop along the way.
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

Re: Whoopees

Well there's a google review from 6 days ago, so I'd think it would be open...
    Go Bills!

User Info Menu

In February there was a second bar on the property and the year before the goats were in that spot. I saw Lenbert’s bar crawl stop there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    In February there was a second bar on the property and the year before the goats were in that spot. I saw Lenbert’s bar crawl stop there.
    Thanks for the kind response, appreciate it!
    Free Vybz Kartel

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    The name of the place which is actually the northern half of the old Whoopies is called El Cobotno.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

what does el cobotno mean? Mr. Google can find no such word in Spanish or English and I am curious about its meaning or origin story.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ol'yardie View Post
    what does el cobotno mean? Mr. Google can find no such word in Spanish or English and I am curious about its meaning or origin story.
    I asked the owner that since I was curious on the pronunciation and he said he made it after something a tourist had said.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I asked the owner that since I was curious on the pronunciation and he said he made it after something a tourist had said.
    So he named his pub after drunken tourist nonsense. With that totally casual frame of mind, I have to check this place out.

User Info Menu

I miss the goats.

User Info Menu

I’ll be there next week!
    Free Vybz Kartel