Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just me ? or are the boardie numbers down substatially ?

User Info Menu

Just me ? or are the boardie numbers down substatially ?

Been only a few short years ..but seems the amount/quantity of posts is down ?? JUST sayin'

User Info Menu

lisa and i will be there feb 3rd to 19th, at ROOMS ,soon come

User Info Menu

definitely way down. I have noticed this also.

User Info Menu

And your point is what? Quit griping and start posting!!!
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

I know some dropped off when the board software was updated because they couldn't handle the change but I think mostly its because it has been the slow season. As high season gets rolling, the number of posts is bound to increase.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Actually the numbers for the board are up quite substantially. A quick check of archive for 2010 shows that there were 150 threads active between November 20 and December 20th. This year 2011, for that same time period, there are currently 250 active threads - an increase of about 60% over last year. For the number of visitors for the board, in November of 2010 there was 112,430 number of visitors to the board. This year for November, there were 183,067 - an increase of about 61%.

Possibly the perception of the posts being down is because of the new software format. The display looks different so that might account for the false perception that the board is less active.

The growth of 60% this year is really quite astonishing considering we did change the board software that had been running since 2006. Change is always hard to deal with - but this increase shows just how terrific all our boardies have been adjusting to the new software.

A big up to you all!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Big up to you Rob!

User Info Menu

Yeah I miss all the "oldtimers" here seems they all went elsewhere.I've been aroud since the the board started and miss all the contributers over the years.They had some great stories.Well like all things they change.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Some "oldtimers" have changed their names, some have passed away, the only thing certain in life is change... But we still have many of the long time contributors on the new board - including Ras Walleye above in this thread! I am sure some oldtimers do not like the format change on the board, but they may still be lurking and we could hear from them in the future!

One of the strengths here on Negril.com is that we do draw many new members as well as long time contributors. And please remember, in 10 years the new members will be referred as "oldtimers"... (grin)
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Yeah I know but just the other day I was thinking of FF Cindy,Rizzla,Vinnie,Rasta john,SiS Irie,Martin and his pics of Red Stripe caps (RIP),Fat fish,and many others.Seen alot of change here.I just feel the board was more laid back.Don't get me wrong I still enjoy very much sometimes I like to read the newbie reports and think back to my first couple trips and the adventures.The board can sure educate people on the runnings in negril that I am thankful.