Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: A Time For Transitions ~

User Info Menu

I don't recall saying I wrecked his scooter ... I said we got all new everything ~ brakes, shocks, plugs, chains, bells, whistles, yada yada refurbishing the scooter so it would be road ready for me . We also insured, taxed, licensed, yada yada the scooter; as well as TRN'd & JaJa Driver's Licensed me.

I bumped into a curb and the scooter dropped to the ground and while I pitched over the ledge and tumbled down the hill. He has carefully driven his scooter for the past 5 years, and it does have some normal use minor scratches and imperfections; but I have never even been close enough to touch the scooter until now, so I might have added a minor scratch, but I certainly never wrecked it ~

~~~

Hey Schutzzie ... isn't she growing up!! Teen Girl ~

User Info Menu

Well, I was just assuming that since you boinged the curb hard enough to pitch you ass over elbows, that the scooter was wrecked and the reason for the rebuild! I wasn't being accusatory! Sorry to see you were hurt worse than the scooter...

I know how careful Bim was with that scooter...

I can't wait to see his new bike in a few days.

Small world.
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

nope - refurbish/rebuild was done in preparation so it would be in perfect condition for me to use it if I wanted to. We did take up the lessons again ~ only he took me way out to the deep West End where there was a long, flat length of road that I could practice on. Several lessons and training mornings, but I never got it out on the road solo; he would never risk letting me go until we both knew I handle it properly.

~~

moving on ~ we had a car rental one weekend, after nuff drama trying to get the car - we had it until late in the afternoon on Monday, so we decided to go out to The Blue Hole out near Brighton .... WOW - it was spectacular!!

Name:  298.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  93.9 KBName:  302.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  80.1 KBName:  312.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  56.1 KB

User Info Menu

They have a huge luxury guest house under construction at the property for future rentals ... it looks wonderful!

Name:  287-Copy.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  100.0 KB

Name:  320.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  103.6 KBName:  332.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  40.4 KBName:  362.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  96.4 KBName:  373.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  43.9 KB

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing Laurel...and I know how I felt when my goats went up the road for the party!

Glad to see you got a handle on getting your pics up! Great job ~

User Info Menu

He enjoyed diving into the blue hole and playing about .... while played it safe in the pool ~

Name:  329.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  69.0 KB

the home that is currently on the property:

Name:  415.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  101.2 KB

they charge a nominal fee to swim ... $7.00US ~ offer a wonderful bar & have facility for a huge sound system .... really wonderful destination.

After enjoying this terrific property - we head out for a drive thru the Brighton and Little Bay area ... always so very pretty over there.

Name:  438.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  89.1 KBName:  441.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  77.9 KBName:  458.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  56.0 KB

User Info Menu

Hey Spratts ... this photo thingy is ever so tedious! as I said ... this will force me to keep it short and sweet ~

User Info Menu

RockRob ... you are going to be in JaJa for the Holidays?? Good For You ~ I just love being there during this Joy Filled time of year. Have a great trip!

We love Love LOVE the new motorcycle ... it is sa-weet!

User Info Menu

Miss Laurel, this is wonderful! I'm so excited for you to be able to have this long stay and I can't wait for my turn to transition.

Please stay safe on that scooter, you are brave to ride one. I used to ride a moped to work every day (10 miles one way) in ALL types of New England weather, but I will probably never ride one in Jamaica - and ride on the back of a bike? Heck no! I have major trust issues....

Anyways, Happy Happy Holidays to you and yours and enjoy every precious minute!

User Info Menu

Hi G-Locksie ~ Happy Happy Holidays to you as well! While it was a really tough summer being forced into this transition ... one door closes and the next window opens! What a thrill it was to be able to live with my Sweet Baby for a few months.

We visited The Blue Hole another time later in my stay with a wonderful couple we met during their long stay at Whistling Bird; unfortunately - we were too late in the day (even tho is was only about 1:00pm), the sun was too low in the sky due to the time of year, so they did not get to enjoy the spectacular show The Blue Hole offers - we still enjoyed showing them the property and some of the other near by sights over that way ...

I only expect to drive the scooter to the beach, and be able to run into town to the store if I need a few groceries ~ just to have the independence. I LOVE riding on the back of the motorcycle!! I was a bit anxious the first couple of rides ~ but soon got the hang of it ... Bike Back Girl ~
    Last edited by Laurel; 12-20-2011 at 04:25 PM.