Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: A Time For Transitions ~

User Info Menu

Gosh ... things were SO QUIET around Negril the end of September thru the end of October ... when Ari or Jaith did not join me at the beach, there were times I felt as if I was the only person on the beach beside those trying to make a living.

Name:  546.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  45.8 KBName:  547.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  51.8 KB

We spent almost every weekend we were home with family cooking and celebrating family times together:

Name:  577.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  56.6 KBName:  579.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  56.2 KBName:  665.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  65.5 KBName:  672.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  68.3 KBName:  677.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  66.5 KB

Name:  581.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  91.6 KBName:  594.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  68.9 KBName:  697.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  83.6 KB
    Last edited by Laurel; 12-21-2011 at 07:33 PM.

User Info Menu

I feel so sad about this next bit ... remember his prized goat Charlie ~ well - someone stole him about a year ago - that broke both our hearts. Charlie was his pet ... really a special Rammy Goat.

So - he replaced Charlie with a next prized Ram Goat ~ see Joshua below:

Name:  6391.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  98.4 KB

This Rammy had some wonderful unique qualities ~ made him very special in many ways as well ... very much a part of our Yard.

Well - a couple days after I returned to Minneapolis, Bim called with the sad news that there was a sudden death in the family ... a young woman - completely unexpected.

So - in usual fashion everyone in the family pulls together ... and it just made sense for him to offer up Joshua to the big cook pot.

User Info Menu

We had the wonderful good fortune to have a weekend booked on the North Coast at Jamaica Jewel ~ we planned to spend my birthday weekend with Cher and Barry G as our gracious hosts. I had chatted with Cher for a few years so it was such great fun to be able to take things to the next level ... We fit in with them and made such great new lifetime friends! Spent time on their unspoiled beach, visited Leroy's Bar, went to an awesome Friday night party up in the country town of Clarkstown ~ Dance Dance Dance ~

Name:  814.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  59.1 KBName:  820.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  58.2 KBName:  847.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  50.8 KBName:  850.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  58.3 KB

User Info Menu

I'm really enjoying your report, Laurel....the pics look great. Barry & I also so enjoyed spending time with you & Bim....anxiously awaiting di nex time

User Info Menu

Hi Northcoast ... miss you ~ miss Jamaica!!

BarryG had a wonderful plan for our day adventure deep into the CockPits ~ we visited THE MOST glorious river park area. This family has a property with an awesome river jacquzzi sort of sweet spot. They have worked endlessly at planting ginger, and many other tropicals .... they have placed benches at clever spots for resting and contemplating .... **sigh** it was SUCH a really special day!

Name:  1149.jpg
Size:  99.5 KBName:  1155.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  97.0 KBName:  1161.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  91.7 KBName:  1166.jpg
Size:  99.3 KBName:  1175.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  101.4 KB

User Info Menu

I enjoyed a brisk river bath on my birthday ...

Name:  1191.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  98.1 KBName:  1192.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  97.6 KB

User Info Menu

Laurel, so enjoying your trip. Glad I was able to have a good float with you. merry Christmas and Happy Happy New Year......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
    RockRob ... you are going to be in JaJa for the Holidays?? Good For You ~ I just love being there during this Joy Filled time of year. Have a great trip!

We love Love LOVE the new motorcycle ... it is sa-weet!
    Ya, we get in on the 26th for a week! I'll call Bim this week...

Hope you are healing well!
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

seeing the family breaks my heart that i won't be in the country with them this holiday - i love them and i love it up there - so many good laughs and they are so welcoming to me and abu

and i am so glad you had this time in jamaica - transitions are good as long as it isn't the big one :-)

beautiful picture of my future daughter in law - lol (fingers crossed)

it's amazing when i can recognize folks by their feet and hands - BOAL

User Info Menu

I know Seveen ... while I know how fortunate I was to have had all that time with them all ~ I know the Holidays will be so very different and much more quiet this year. We (you, Abu, and I) do love us some Country Folks Christmas ~ Aunty Peggy Yard Style. I expect the Family actual Christmas will be a bit on the quiet side as well ~ due to the recent big family gatherings with the grave digging, wake, and funeral ~