Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Idle Awhile so expensive?

User Info Menu

Why is Idle Awhile so expensive?

Perhaps it's worth it -- any recent visitors?

User Info Menu

my sister stayed there in july and loved it - she also loved the restaurant - said she had the best lobster she ever had in jamaica - and she has made 60 trips - too rich for my blood tho' :-)

User Info Menu

I find it a bargin for what I get...Best service of any Hotel I have stayed in over 20 years...Great location on the beach...Great rooms...only 12 rooms so you don't get lost in the shuffle...Easy to drink and eat there and if you don't want to get out of bed you call room service..Great location on the beach as well so many options when you want to get out....How many 12 room Inns can do that...Each room has a large veranda that is like having a living room....Most people walk past on the beach and never even know it's there...Very good security as well....the entire staff will know your name in the first few hours.....They book mainly with repeats and that has to mean a lot....It is almost higgler free as to the left is Charala and to the right is Coco La Palm. Both very larger properties.Ther are no alley ways or beach entrances close to be a safe haven for drug dealers or crack heads...any time you are approached there it is people on the move..Security will watch you...If you engage a vendor they will let them interface with you but if it appears to be un wanted them make them move around...
    BE A TRAVELR

User Info Menu

if you look at Idle Awhile it looks very similar to Couples Swept Away. there is a reason for that. it is also owned by the Issa family. owners of the Couples A.I. resorts. having stayed at Swept Away there is no doubt about the service there and if you stay at Idle Awhile you get use of the sports complex at Swept Away

User Info Menu

really nice place........great for couples and families.........
    though you won't find too many solo travelers there due to the expense......
    too many great places for $50-$60 a night for this guy to choose from.........
    so it's too rich for mi blood....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

Sponsor

User Info Menu

You also get to use the gym/spa across from CSA which is great and I think they charge $25pp to visit so youre getting $50 worth every day.Plus the resort is great and the food.

User Info Menu

It is what it is...how much is it anyway? Its one of the nicer hotels on the beach for sure - Jane Issa's style and signature is all over it. Hide Awhile on the cliffs is lovely too but also a high price point.

My opinion when it comes to hotels is that very often you get what you pay for. If you are looking for something in Negril during high season for under $100/night you won't see a flat screen TV, fancy restaurant, high thread count linens or fluffy towels. You will see clean, comfortable rooms though. Just gotta poke around.

User Info Menu

For the second week in Janaury, the range for a single on hotels.com is $270 for garden view and $430 for ocean view ..... the rate does NOT include breakfast, though you can use the spa at CSW.
    Last edited by gerryg123; 12-23-2011 at 11:29 AM.

User Info Menu

Whoa - that is spendy. I know there are only a couple of rooms with an ocean view and for some reason I remember those rooms to be 2 or 3 bedrooms with a kitchen or kitchenette?

User Info Menu

ya, they're two stories high, the good rooms. Still, to me the place just has the feel of a three-star ....