Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Brasi Trip Report: January 2012

User Info Menu

I always find that a swedish or deep tissue massage helps me relax while on vacation.[/QUOTE]

So do I! A gnarly deep tissue, stop I'm about to cry, massage. You'll be mush when it is over and will have to motivate yourself to do anything. Beverly Haslam I believe is the lady I used on my last two reaches and she will come to you at Seastar.

User Info Menu

Thanks all for checking in, having a blast chillin and talking with Bigga, and his wife Gwen who runs the plACE...fish tonight family style! Perfect after sunsite vibe, goats chickkens kids running around, like a neighborhood...because it is! LOL

Bnewb: they had me fooled..! LOL I definitely got some crazy Negril stories...
    Sandy-girl: I'm tryiiiin

The day in a few more pictures:
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  39.8 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  35.4 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  41.9 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  49.0 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  47.2 KB

I think I am heading to Leroys tonight...boom chika wow wow...

Full report soon come.
    Last edited by brasi; 01-09-2012 at 06:37 PM.

User Info Menu

brasi, how did you find out about the belmont guest house? It looks really sweet. I hope your vacation from your vacation does you well. And remember you can do the same relaxing in Negril. Massages (as mentioned) great ital foods and fresh juices--you can make your trip whatever you want it to be. I have done it both ways-- the party too much sleep too little come home tired way as well as the healthful vibe. All trips include lots of swimming, walking and sun, so I usually come back refreshed. I have to remind myself when there that just because I am on vacation doesn't mean I have to do rum punch marathons.

User Info Menu

Just had an amazimg family style meal. There is just me, and a single mom from the Great Northwest here with her son and daughter...guess who she is hanging with? The SEASAR GUY!

He's an awesome dude, they seem to be having a good time and he came all the way here to spend his day off with her...love...love love! LOL

The meal---sorry no pics I hadn't asked Gwen---and taking pictures of my plates nightly at home isn't common, is this an "ask necessary" deal? lol Should I just DO it? LOL

Some potato-type things with some dough things in a bowl. Delicious!
    Three seared pieces stewed fish in a reddish sauce. Sooo good
    A nice salad and fresh squeezed OJ

The best way to explain this meal: picture your mom cooking for you, and extrapolate the quality on to a Jamaican dish of your choosing...$600J!!!!

Any help is appreciated on nailing down the names of these dishes...

The mom, kids and our Seastar friend got their own "servings" as dishes came out, and I got mine own, the Bigga's family was scattering 'round all helping. When we were served they ate at their family table...this may be typical, but it was my first time dining this way, and I thoroughly enjoyed the food and conversation...

It's so relaxing...peepers...waves from across the road wooshing...

Thanks for the advice Irie! I think I have done my partying for this trip.

DISCLAIMER: vaca is only half over, so...LOL

I am staying at Shades Cottage in Belmont. I found the place from a boardie tip---where else---on Negril.com!
    Last edited by brasi; 01-09-2012 at 07:34 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brasi View Post
    ...Sometimes when I speak with Jamaicans here I feel a little bit lost...like I am not hearing everything they are saying...just catching a word here and there I understand in patois and attempting to "get it" is fun---but makes "conversations" challenging. And a bit scary if you are not used to it oir are traveling solo and are the only white boy in the room...and when I say scary I don;t mean threatening. But they MIGHT be talking about me. Probably are. LOL Oh well. I put my faith in PEOPLE. I watch my back...it's worked out for me so far.
    you still into taking some lessons?
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

Wow! Belmont looks so beautiful and peaceful!
    Glad you're having a great time there, Brasi!
    Thanks for sharing these pictures and stories from your travels
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Monk: yes!

Clarity, it's def nice here...!

User Info Menu

It does look very nice!

User Info Menu

well done Brasi--hopefully you can post info on belmont and how to book. I am looking more and more for the getaway from Negril, a few days out and then some days in cuz I love me some negril but also want to explore and chill out.

User Info Menu

The manager here is Bigga. He and Gwen, and his family run this place, Shades Cottage. It's Google-able and Bigga responds to email within a few hours...so far I am very impressed with this operation! It's very informal; but I am sitting at the "kitchen/bar" where the have a fridge and all the items needed to chill-mixed drinks, etc. Red Stripes are $180 J, family style meal was $600 J.

Nightly cost is around half of what you could possibly pay in Negril...although there are sacrifices: like a hot shower. My cottage is my own for the time being, BUT in a certain week or night I could be sharing a bathroom...there is no pool...the ocean is a five minute walk, and two nice beaches (Bluefields and another free public beach) are within ten minutes walk. Not for everyone...but I like it a lot.

Bigga's family is always around, but not overbearing. There are dogs and trees and gardens. My porch is nice. I can always hear a rooster somewhere. LOL

Gwen just popped a coffee down in front of me and asked if I'd like scrambled eggs for breakfast. Ya mon!

My plan today is to go to the beach for sunset, and think about what's next for me. After losing Sarah...I haven't really done that. I guess part of moving on is letting go. That's gonna hurt, and it's beena process but somehow I am hoping that mighty sea can help me put a cap on some of it. I love that woman soooo much. There was that kind of love I am so afraid of never having again...and the shock and disbelief of losing her is still with me...I have to get rid of this black cloud that makes me sad and distant and get back to being myself. I tried this sunset idea last night, and it was hard. I don't want to do this. I know it's foolish. But once I say goodbye I am going to be truly alone. No one ever loved me like she did. What if no one will again? I planned on marrying "sarah" is Jamaica...she was coming with me this trip...the emotions are starting to well up so...enough for now...

It's gonna be me and the ocean today......