Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Brasi Trip Report: January 2012

User Info Menu

BRASI, looked for u at the Yellowman show, all those short stocky handsome NY guys I was smiling at last night thought I was hitting on them. After I ask if they were Brasi, I'd say nice meeting u, but your the guy I was looking for. But I let them buy me a drink.. sounds like u are n a good vibe, have fun on your trip

User Info Menu

Oh & the rent a dread thing ---Hehe, not funny!

User Info Menu

Brasi January 2012 Trip Report #10
    Another Walk in the West End

Was checking out the Giants game, and got a little restless. Had been in the pool in the am, and was just ready to do something.

I was planning on only walking to look around at the sights, after all...I haven't been sober that much to remember shazzle. haha. But Negril plans fall apart quickly.

So, I'm walking down the West End Road, a man calls out my name...(not uncommon here for locals to remember a tourist...for sure) but it ends up being a guy I chilled with the other night @ Jam Can.

Needless to say...as he was getting his hair trimmed I made a purchase of Red Stripe...we chatted a bit and I got a chance to listen to some serious patois that I knew was not about me, LOL...it was a hilarious convo between "Billy" and the hairdresser...whom are somewhat in hookup stage. He's telling her to cook and clean and keep the house ready and he will move in with her soon...she's like "wha"....and "wha u gwan do?" hahah. Nice convo, cold beers, a cool Sunday afternoon in the West End...and me a buzzed and smiling "stocky New Yorker." All good, walk good..

Tip of the Day: don't have too many Red Stripes at a darn hair salon. LOL

Going to get some seafood tonite, just saw the Mighty Californian and Jody on the Scooter...might chill a bit later with Gerry on my last nite here at Seastar...

BTW: Seastar is really great, I haven't do a ton of prices. and hotels deets in these, but man...it's a cool spot for sure, everything is excellent...the staff is friendly, AC is cold, beer's are perfect...food beyond compare. The pool is awesome, I was unaware how much that would play in to my time here. Met a lot of nice people, had a few swims...I am sad to leave but my next adventure awaits!

And yep...I am a RED STRIPE right now!
    Last edited by brasi; 01-08-2012 at 05:35 PM.

User Info Menu

Brasi Trip Report January 2012 #11
    Brasi in Belmont

After 5 days in new Babylon I needed a break. I knew before I left I wouldn’t be able to resist the party-all-night, sleep-all-day Negril temptations. So, even though I left Seastar with a heavy heart, I still had a smile on my face…I was changing it up, keeping myself guessing a bit…I said my goodbyes to boardies Tawney, Randy and Gerry…and then…soon come see them again!

Bigga picked me up, we stopped at the ATM, and after the third try the ATM worked. LOL. I stowed my shazz and we were on our way…I settled in for a nice 45 minute ride…I could literally feel my shoulders loosening up sliding back in to the seat…Negril is amazing, don’t get me wrong. But I can get too much of a good thing. With all that’s on my mind…and my tendencies to party until the sun comes up…I was glad to take a break from the high energy and constant bustle…I’ll be back in Negril mid-week to ramp things back up to 11 anyway.

I thought a lot on the way here…got down to the thick of it…and I need to CHILL OUT. This 2-3 day vaca within a vaca should get me there. I’m a stress ball.

The pics below show my trip from approximately Retreat to Sav, then on to Belmont. It is beautiful here. Red Stripes $180J at my guest house, and I have included some pics of my room--amazingly inexpensive. Bluefields Beach is minutes away. The ocean views in the pics are within a two minute stroll…there is a beach bar-Leroy’s-down the road, where I took the pic of the Red Stripe…and the boat was tied there…and OMG….I bumped into one of the Seastar bartenders, who is enjoying his day off here in Belmont! What are the chances?????? Crazy.

Ahhhh. Life is good…chillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllin.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  37.4 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  34.4 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  35.3 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  39.1 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  34.5 KBName:  6.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  38.5 KBName:  7.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  42.9 KBName:  8.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  30.3 KBName:  9.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  31.7 KBName:  10.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  52.3 KB

User Info Menu

More:
    Name:  11.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  48.2 KBName:  12.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  57.2 KBName:  13.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  47.2 KBName:  14.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  45.8 KBName:  15.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  53.9 KBName:  16.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  26.9 KBName:  17.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  30.1 KB

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update, it should be a peaceful few days in Belmont. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the report brasi!!~bless!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

I'm convinced, although I never (well rarely) party like a rock star, Belmont looks good, next time.
    That rug really tied the room together.

User Info Menu

Brasi, why are you stressed? Chill out boardie!!! Now that you are away from the hustle and bustle of Negril take in the sights and sounds and lay off the Stripe.

I always find that a swedish or deep tissue massage helps me relax while on vacation.
    Last edited by sandy-girl; 01-09-2012 at 02:32 PM.

User Info Menu

Hey Brasi, I like how you share the insides of your trip as well as what's going on the outside. Loving the Belmont story...