Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Brasi Trip Report: January 2012

User Info Menu

Awesome trip report man!

User Info Menu

great report and really enjoyed the pics......
    thanks for sharing!

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Brasi Trip Report January 2012 #17?
    Parting iPhone Shots...the Best of the Rest

Here are some other cool shots of my trip...I'll be wrapping up my trip report soon. Thanks, all, for reading, and for those of you with a trip planned..ENJOY! Soon come.
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  29.6 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  18.2 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  26.9 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  15.0 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  19.5 KBName:  6.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  29.2 KBName:  7.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  31.8 KBName:  8.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  30.5 KBName:  9.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  27.9 KBName:  10.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  26.7 KB

User Info Menu

And 10 more....
    Name:  11.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  19.3 KBName:  12.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  21.7 KBName:  13.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  26.6 KBName:  14.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  18.3 KBName:  15.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  24.3 KBName:  16.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  20.2 KBName:  17.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  34.0 KBName:  18.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  29.7 KBName:  19.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  29.0 KBName:  20.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  26.5 KB

User Info Menu

Brasi Trip Report January 2012
    The End

Well all the planning, anticipation and DOING is over. It’s time to look back on the trip, and see what I learned…first, a few obvious Top 5 lists:

Memorable Times

1. Chilling in Belmond and remembering “Sarah”...and Obeah. F that. Done with that stuff.
    2. Getting back to Negril and seeing familiar faces (as weird as it sounds)
    3. Relaxing at Country Country and later, meeting T
    4. Scooter Day (last day)
    5. Jam Can, Night 3

Craziest Sights:
    1. The mighty Californian, a warhorse and a cab. ‘Nuff said.
    2. Mighty Californian throwing many $1000J bills onto the bar at the Jungle to the delight of perhaps 20 hookers, watchers, and passersby
    3. Mighty Californian...add girls, rinse and repeat.
    4. Rambo’s eyes at Seastar when I crashed my scooter (no damage).
    5. A man recruited to be best man OFF OF Seastar Lane 10 minutes before a wedding LOL

Best Meals:

This list is so difficult. Not one meal I had was bad. But I just named the five most memorable without thinking about it too much.

1. Stewed Fish, Shades Cottages, Beldmond ($600 J)
    2. Chicken Fingers (w. Francine’s amazing jerk sauce), Seastar Inn, West End
    3. Curried Shrimp, Sunset on the Cliffs, West End
    4. Saturday Night Buffet, Seastar Inn, Westend
    5. (tie) Crab Cakes/Curry Goat Bentley’s Crab House, West End (amazing)
    5. (tie) Ox Tail at Sips n Bites, West End

I learned that I have a Jamaican soul deep within me somewhere. I say with all due respect that I feel like the island is in my DNA. I used to believe that this was because I could party and be carefree there. But that’s only part of it. Maybe a private Facebook message I sent to a FB friend that I made here on Negril.com can sum it up best:

#
    XXXX,

I am so depressed being back. I know I am a white middle class guy from NY. But I feel so at home in Jamaica. People think I am crazy for going alone, for going to Red Ground, Belmont etc. I think they are crazy for staying inside the 'safe' walls of a resort. I can tell you without a doubt that my heart is much happier when I am in Jamaica vs anywhere else.

I guess I love Jamaica because I don't feel judged. I don't feel chubby. I don't feel like I need to explain myself or pretend that I like something I do not. I dress as I wish. I can stop in almost any new place and make a friend. So much here in NY is based on how I look, what I do, my past, my status as a guy in a band...etc.

After nine trips I know the pitfalls, too. I know that "friends" in Jamaica almost always means a beneficial relationship of some kind...but I also know there are true friendships to be found.

I am trying to plan another trip in XXXXX, to stay sane…on this trip I realized that visiting is never going to be enough. Someday I will be at least a part-time Jamaican resident. My BEST times this trip were away from the tourist stuff…

It's a pleasure talking to you! Thanks for the chance to vent. LOL
    #

This trip, I realized that my best friends…truth be told…are ones I’ve made through the love of Jamaica…through this common thread, a knowledge and awareness of the depth that such a magical place can create in all of us...uniting people from all over the world. Lots of that is thanks to Negril.com…and the community we’re lucky to have here.

So, my friends…that’s a wrap. Thanks for reading!

It’s time to start planning my NEXT reach.

Brasi
    Last edited by brasi; 01-21-2012 at 11:55 AM.

User Info Menu

WOW Braz-eye.....you wet up my eyes (not hard to do lol). What a touching truthful recap. I feel ya.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

great stuff Brasi .... I can relate to a lot of what you say .... Also, had a GREAT time hangin' with you my friend .... And don't be fooled everyone: Brazz is the one who brings out the CRAZINESS in ME, ha ha .... All the best my friend ...

User Info Menu

Excellent, Brasi! Loved your trip report! TOTALLY get your description about Jamaica being part of your soul. I feel that way too. I think going there to heal (twice) maybe had a profound impact on the way I feel, but no doubt it's also because of the wonderful people, vibe, music, food, and that beautiful blue water. Hope it was a healing experience for you and you were able to more come to terms with Sarah's passing. Blessings!
    Last edited by Maryann; 01-21-2012 at 12:44 PM.

User Info Menu

Basi....you have one more thing to pull off.......your not done yet darling.. .... But ill be still..and let you work your magic........

User Info Menu

Brassi, thanks so much for sharing all your fun and festivities with us. I really enjoyed every bit of your report.
    Can't wait for you to get back there! I will dip my toes in the sea for you in March
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]