Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Brasi Trip Report: January 2012

User Info Menu

Love the Disclaimer

Brasi - Today is the day!
    Looking forward to your trip report
    This is going to be "Legendary"
    Time for the Barney Get psyched mix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuO-Qpd_JUE&feature=fvst
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

You remembered the book

User Info Menu

Of course i did Manda it was saved just for the trip! And yea its a fishing pole! Thanks Clarity! Sandy-girl I am freezing in Newark right now, brrrrr. 11 degrees. Full report as soon as i get to the airport. I fly at 630. Up at 4. Ommmmgggggggg i am gonna be in jamaica TOMORROW!

User Info Menu

have an awesome trip and can't wait for yet another report/perspective/adventure to get me through this bitter cold Negril-less winter! 16 degrees in NYC and not loving it one bit! I am not even bothering with pedicures (well done Brasi!) my feet won't see the light of day for quite some time.

User Info Menu

Woo Whooo ...SO excited for you!!! Please keep us posted as some of us are living for these reports at the moment!!! Walk Good!!!

User Info Menu

btw your suitcase looks very organized. Sorta kinda impressed over here--I never seem able to achieve much orderliness in packing. Have fun and let 2011 fall away--negril is sweet like that.

User Info Menu

I'm at a hotel near the airport in Los Angeles, my friend suggested it was easier this way and got me a really good rate at a Marriott. Nice room. If this was Negril, it would five star room all the way, very nicely appointed. I will take Negril 3 stars any day tho, and I can't wait to get back. Brassi was just pulling into the train station when we last touched base -- I leave tommorow morning, too, but a few hours behind me, plus the time change. ..... East meets West. Gerry G and Brassi .... It's gonna be a good trip.

User Info Menu

Brasi Trip Report January 2012 #4
    Trains, Penn Station, Econosludge, and Boobs!

Hello all I am reporting to you from near the home of The Sopranos, (Elizabeth) Newark, NJ.

By the time most of you read this I will be on the ground in Jamaica! My flight boards in about 40 minutes and lands at around NOON. Is 6:30 AM too early for a Stripe?

I'll be honest most of this report is the dreary "how I got there" stuff so, skip it if it bores you. I was bored and needed something to do on the train, and waiting for the plane. LOL. BUT…extra extra read all about it! I will promise you guys out there some insider information about boobs if you keep reading.

I knew that would keep some of you interested. LOL. But ladies, haha, you should read too because it might teach you something about YOURSELVES. Hehehehehe. I digress.

Anyway, I started my trip at 3 pm Tuesday. I took a train from Albany NY to Penn Station, New York City. Along the way I chatted with manda81 and got a few text messages from GerryG explaining the Trail of Ashes Tour he is planning. Oh my Melvin. Negril may not be prepared for what that man has in store for this reach. Negril may not be the same again. He’s predicting 100,000 hits to his trip report btw.

Limos? Dude. Really? This guy is John Belushi, Led Zeppelin and Motley Crue trapped in a man’s body and gone mad. The plans he has. I’ll let him report on his trip from now on, but you may want to build a bomb shelter near the roundabout. I can feel scandal coming...or the Negril PD. I kid I kid.

Back to the trip. Here are some photos of the Hudson River, it was nice relaxing train ride. The station is ten minutes from my house (first pic below) and then brown swamps near my hometown eventually open up to the majestic and historic Hudson. It does make a great vacation during the summer months…the Hudson teems with boats and marinas. Castleton, Ravena, Croton-on-Hudson, Riverdale. The bridges…the sunset…gorgeous…even in the frigid northeastern US in January!

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  29.4 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  27.3 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  41.7 KBName:  3b.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  32.8 KBName:  3c.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  19.8 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  25.7 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  32.8 KB

The trip turned “not so relaxing” when I got to Penn (bleh! NYC’s cool but Penn is a stress ball by nature):

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  16.7 KB

And then lovely Newark: Liberty Airport. Must be named that because everyone wants to be free of it LOL:
    Name:  7.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  38.4 KB

And finally a shot of me when I got to my “hotel”, Econosludge, after getting to Newark via Penn. These kinds of things embarrass me, but I booked a real craphole near the airport to save maybe $20. Cold shower, no Interweb. 18 degrees outside last nite, and 65 in the room. Durr Brasi. I am a fool sometimes. Lot of times.

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  27.7 KB

In any case, life is sweet. I will be in Jamaica in about 5 hours! I thought about it on the train: it’s the only place I could ever go with 3 bags of anonymous clothes, gadgetry, junk, and miscellaneous crap…and only pack 2 pairs of socks. LOL Random.

I am close to paradise, I can feel it. SOON COME!!

Tomorrow:
    My FIRST Day On the Ground!

OH, and I almost forgot, the boob stuff: you’re the boob for thinking I’d write about that stuff. LOL. I’m the innocent brotherly guy remember?

PS Security checked and double checked me. They must know I'm a dangerous man! LOL
    Last edited by brasi; 01-04-2012 at 05:37 AM.

User Info Menu

You're finally on your way.... I see the GW bridge. Watch out Negril Brasi's on his way! Safe flight!

User Info Menu

Wooo-hoooo! You're almost there! And excellent reporting/photos along the way.