Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xtabi

User Info Menu

Xtabi

Its been a few yrs since my last trip to Ja. Does anyone know if Donnovon is still the bartender?

User Info Menu

I'll let you know in 3 weeks...

User Info Menu

No, sadly. Unfortunately Donovan is no longer there.....but I have been trying to determine where he is these days, does anyone know?

We loved our times and talks with Donovan at the bar over the years. He is a great guy and we would love to find him if he is at another location
    Does anyone know?

User Info Menu

Tnx for the info marley. Thats a bummer!

User Info Menu

I agree!
    He was our favorite at Xtabi and it broke our heart when we heard he was no longer there.
    We went back again in October just hoping maybe he would be back but he wasn't. However, if he is somewhere else happy and doing well, I am happy....I just want to know where so we can go visit our friend again.....maybe someone on here will know.

User Info Menu

Last time I chatted with Donovan he was at Moon Dance Cliffs! Other info indicates he may be around Coco LaPalm, but I haven't asked him about that yet, so not sure! My sister and I were just discussing how strange it will be to not have him at Xtabi this year

User Info Menu

have known him 20+ years, most at xtabi....sure not gonna be the same there with out him. i will track him down and report when i get home. might even take some pics this time. been some 30 plus times with no pics !!

User Info Menu

This is some VERY disturbing news -- I think he might have been my favorite bartender in all of Negril. I used to have to implore him not to put too much overproof in my dirty bananas, especially during day-time hours, lol ..... Please tell me Omar is still at Xtabi, at least!

Name:  092.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  47.8 KB

User Info Menu

The atmosphere at Xtabi felt very different this year, only a few of the old staff were there and there was alot of yelling at the workers going on within the hearing of the guests. The bar was very slow and the staff seemed tense instead of the old friendly way - very different. KIngsley was there and was his usual smiling self and some of the housekeeping staff were the same, otherwise alot of new faces. Understandably, nobody willing to say where Donovan is now when we asked.

User Info Menu

Don't want to sound like I was breaking bad on Xtabi - it will still be our place next December as we love it, but we spent more money at other bars and restaurants this last trip because of the atmosphere.