Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Negril Yacht Club

User Info Menu

I remember that phone from the late 70's and it was a real pain. On our first trip to Jamaica we also stayed at the Tigress. We were too timid to go into the Yacht Club because we thought it was an actual club and we were not members. I do recall they had a big satellite dish and we watched a little TV through the window.
    We were pretty dumb that trip, but we learned fast during the many that have followed.

Respect,
    Col. Andy & "Wildcat" Pam

User Info Menu

1st post- new member, luv the board. Was also at yacht club in 1981&82 but stayed mostly at tigress with Papa Lawrence. Yacht club was run/owned by Billy & Belva. Was great spot had a private front part by the beach with a pool table. I am from Saskatoon so small world that Stuart from Biggar was at Tigress same time 30 yrs ago - sorry I missed yah lol. Going back March 4th, but been back few times since the 80's.

User Info Menu

remember all dem webcasts Rob had from the Yacht Club back in the 90's and beyond........
    wi had a crew of characters there back then........blondie, rasta john, pirate and many more........
    it was a very cool place to hangout........so was Prento's Thatch Hut........and Tigress........
    guess mi should have hung out more at dem places but seem like mi was always on the go.......
    so much to do, so likkle time to do it

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Name:  negrilyachtclub.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  48.5 KB

Fun trip, this one was.

User Info Menu

I saw Chuck last year I think. His love, the Club, is gone but he is with friends still in Negril last I heard. It was the hottest spot around in the 70s and had electricitity. Yah, Mon!!

User Info Menu

hepster

I was there in 74 with my friends. we stayed at negrillo cottages nearby and had a rental car from mo bay as there was no transport to negril in those days.
    The manager was Barry and we also went to a beach bar run by Hans and Eleanor called the something beach club which was fantastic.
    In 73 I stayed a Mr Deans Cottages and the cook was Erica who now has her own place as many of you know..
    We had to drive to Sav to find a phone to reconfirm our flights and ther was no electric west of tigress.
    In 74 we stayed a few nights in a place that became Chicken Lavish.
    And then there was a Jamaican gal named May.........

User Info Menu

Billy's Flamingo Squash and Penny had the souvenir shop anf the early eightys.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hepster View Post
    I was there in 74 with my friends. we stayed at negrillo cottages nearby and had a rental car from mo bay as there was no transport to negril in those days.
    ........... and we also went to a beach bar run by Hans and Eleanor called the something beach club which was fantastic.
    I believe you're thinking of Hans and Eleanor Gubler (nee Tomlinson) at the Sands Club. In 1977 I had my Hobiecat fleet there.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Yes! The Sands Club.
    Eleanor was the best and looked after us.
    One night she gave us a bottle of whisky.
    Had a blast.
    I remember she drank vodka and water and Hans was always 3 sheets.
    Any idea what happened to them?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hepster View Post
    Yes! The Sands Club.
    Eleanor was the best and looked after us.
    One night she gave us a bottle of whisky.
    Had a blast.
    I remember she drank vodka and water and Hans was always 3 sheets.
    Any idea what happened to them?
    Hans passed years ago and the last I heard (last year) was that Eleanor was in Canada and rather ill.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave