Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Quadrantid Meteor Shower Tonight

User Info Menu

Quadrantid Meteor Shower Tonight

If your out and about at around 2:30 AM on 1/4/11 you may want to take a look at the sky. I'm not sure how the viewing will be in JA but there were sightings of meteors the last "shower" a few weeks ago. I assume this one will also be viewable. This shower could produce up to 100 "shooting stars" per hour.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

could be quite a show, if clear.........best times are between 3am and dawn....N Eastern part of sky, should seem to show up in the area
    of the Big Dipper Handle (Times are Eastern)
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

I might be awake but that would be hard to see from my side of the building. It's also going to be 27 tonight... super cold for Tampa... first cold temps. Brrrrrrrrr!!!!!

If I'm awake & can drag myself out of bed, I'll try to check it out. I'll have to walk around to the back of the building. Nope... won't happen - LOL.

I'll let you know if I get inspired to freeze my tail off.

User Info Menu

Disappointed

It was 1ยบ F at 4:am. I watched while my car was defrosting this morning and was disapointed. I wish I was in Negril. At least I would be warm. I hope you all had better luck observing than I did than I did.
    Steve
    [http://daisypath.com]

User Info Menu

Just came in from outside. The meteors are finally slowing down and less bright. It was spectacular from about 2 a.m. until 5 a.m. Here in South Dakota it is a balmy 30 degrees and was cloudless night. Beautiful! Thanks for the info, Kevin, or I would have never known about it.