Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 45 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast

Thread: TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR: The adventure continues as Gerry G returns to Negril

User Info Menu

Re: TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR: The adventure continues as Gerry G returns to Negril

We met Bobo at 10 a.m. after a quick visit to Westender Inn, which by now is part of the morning routine. Bobo showed us his house in the hills behind the craft shops, and he even took us on a hike and showed us what the real mountains look like (kind of), and my cabbie friend Shayne came along, too.

I met Presley a couple of doors down from Bobo, a nice guy with a reputation for cooking spectacular meals. We ordered a $40 meal for two of us, shrimp curry and shrimp Italian style, and Presley was right on time. We met back at his little restaurant, and he served us a couple of fantastic plates of food. He's a nice guy, too, with a warm smile and a coming style that makes you comfortable the minute you're in his presence.

Later, at Canoe I met an expat named Ron (he wants to be in the report), who sells wholesale cakes. I ordered a whole peanut butter cheesecake to be delivered to the Seastar Inn, and a few hours later it arrived. There were 12 pieces, and I shared them with Chris and the Seastar Inn staff over the next few days; that cake made me VERY popular!

User Info Menu

Here are some pics: (top to bottom):

1, Suzie Q and Presley

2, A light snack between meals, lol

3, Bobo displaying a nice tobacco plant (really)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

User Info Menu

Like your definition of a "ight snack"

User Info Menu

Lovin your vids Gerry keep em coming ....and your pics are dope too

User Info Menu

Gerryg123 - That “light snack” looks SO incredibly good.

Loving your pics, videos and report, I just caught up with all of it now
    That’s so great that you were able to help SuzieQ extend her trip

I still dream about that amazing meal at Bentley’s, we ate the leftovers the next morning for breakfast.
    It was pure heaven…

And now Halfmoon beach and Blue Hole are now on my list of places to visit in Jamaica
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Here are some more pics (top to bottom):

1, Hangin' with Suzie Q ....

2, View from Sir D Lookout

3, Negril Bill at Westender Inn

4, Gerry G n Markus Hubby Man
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by gerryg123; 05-03-2012 at 03:06 PM.

User Info Menu

Looks like SuzieQ and you got a great bond together.Kools pics!!!-Ya'll snorkel at Rhodes?Did ya go see the famous Chef Shane and his crew at Bayview?~Bless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

It was a little rough so we did not snorkel at Rhodes .... We just hung at the beach n pool -- it was extremely quiet, just one other guest and the two employees were the only faces we saw ....

User Info Menu

Here's a video of Bentley buying fresh veggies for his restaurant:

User Info Menu

Love that video Gerry! You're like the roving reporter of Negril!