Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast

Thread: TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR: The adventure continues as Gerry G returns to Negril

User Info Menu

Hey Gerry - so cool to hear you made it out to Westender to hang out and chill. Glad you are enjoying yourself.
    I can also vouch for Dr. Grant - she is great. Went to her for a sinus infection and got great care. office visit $14US, meds (4 different things - decongestant, nasal spray, antibiotics, et.) $20US total. Exact care I would get in US and much cheaper. She will fix you up mon. Journey on brother...............
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

I did in fact see Dr. Grant, and she did a nice job. A shot in the tush, and then I start a prescription tomorrow. She says I will be in tip top shape!

User Info Menu

It sucks to be pick-pocketed. That has happened to me twice. Once in NYC subway and once at a concert in Florida. Both times it bothered me for a good number of hours until I got over it and moved on. Luckily it was a small amount that was stolen.
    Besides that incident, it sounds like you're having a great time.
    Hope we see you at the Seastar webcast tonight! You better wave!
    Looking forward to your next update!
    Last edited by Clarity; 01-07-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

It's been interesting limping around. Instead of being offered ganja, then a girl, then an 8 ball, they see me and ask about pain killers, lol!

User Info Menu

BTW i have a great photo of the Doc getting ready to hit me her best SHOT ....So far, that shot of cortizone has been one of the best moments of the trip .....

User Info Menu

LMAO Gerry - Dr. Grant is full of grace but looks like she don't play so I bet that photo is hard core.
    Glad its helping....take it easy (a least a bit). Just talked to Kevin and he said my name came up and you said kind things (thanks for that).

......ROCK on brother (but be safe).
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Don't feel no way man...same thing happened to me when I went to Western Consciousness one year...moved my money from my backpack to my front pocket and as I stood in line some guy bumped me and I knew EXACTLY what was going on...but it was too late. I think I had a good 80 bucks on me so you were lucky... it does piss you off for a while but so it goes. Glad you are feeling better! Looking forward to more....
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Well, the jerk-chicken rivalries are heating up on the Strip.

Step Aside received a huge boost when Conde magazine did a huge glossy spread about him a short time. But I think some of you might remember Winston, who has a cook stand near Grand Pineapple. He's the one in my past report that was holding up the Crab for a photo on negril.com -- by the way, he says a million peeps have come up to him and have said they love that photo (negril.com is very popular out here) -- and Winston says the Conde story was unfair because Winston has been around longer, and has been doing it longer.

"Everyone who comes, they taste this guy's jerk sauce, then that guy's jerk sauce, and they always say I am the best," Winston proclaimed late last night after I skidded to stop when I saw by the roadside.

You've also got to throw Smokey Joe into the mix -- Winston says that guy can hang with just about anyone -- and a few others.

What are names of the other top guys on the seven mile?

User Info Menu

The guy outside of Hidden Paradise...my friend said he was pretty good too. I dont eat chicken but she liked it a lot.
    Enjoying your play by play report Gerry.

Couple of years ago hubby almost go pickpocketed. Coming out of the Jungle and we were holding hands walking around the massive crowds right behind the vendors. I seen a group of 3 coming...1 girl 2 guys and they made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. We were pretty much trapped with the mass amount of people right there and couldn't move so told hubby ...watch ur pockets right now...those 3...watch them. Sure enough..they were a tag team. The girl tried to break apart hubby and I by pushing thru our hand holding hard and pushing again..I gave her a sharp elbow to the ribs told her to back off *itch. Hubby feels the guy trying to reach into his pocket(which by the way was zipped and buttoned) and slammed his bottle down on the guys and said not me azzhole adn we kept walking. Freaked the hell outta me to be honest as I've never had anything like that happen. Just reinforced the need to watch ur back especially in a large crowd

User Info Menu

ya, this fool with the Boston Red Sox hat was with a friend, too, and the friend was engaging me as all this happened. Do you think they might have been working together? That's pretty low. .... Now that I think about it, it's Scrub A Dub's fault. Had the club not hosted an event -- Popcorn and Tommy Lee, I think was the name -- and instead just had girls dancing, I would have been more focused. There were no hips swaying, and that threw me off, LOL LOL LOL .....